• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

End Of An Era Bobs Board The Future

#201 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2024 - 02:29 PM

Picking up on Marks' point regarding personal details etc, has there been any update on the GDPR questions regarding the potential porting / release of data and information from this board? I've no idea why anyone would red mark that; I've balanced it up.

As I said before, I'm no expert on this stuff but I'd be surprised if it's a good idea to pass the personal information and data that is held on here to someone / something else.

#202 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 February 2024 - 11:03 AM

dart in the crossbar, on 15 February 2024 - 02:29 PM, said:

Picking up on Marks' point regarding personal details etc, has there been any update on the GDPR questions regarding the potential porting / release of data and information from this board? I've no idea why anyone would red mark that; I've balanced it up.

As I said before, I'm no expert on this stuff but I'd be surprised if it's a good idea to pass the personal information and data that is held on here to someone / something else.

Don’t worry about reds and greens mate, I don’t see them so don’t care.

I have no intention of becoming a member of the new message board, especially after today so anything I have posted on this board, including my personal details cannot be transferred, ever.

#203 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 16 February 2024 - 12:13 PM

Quaker, on 16 February 2024 - 11:03 AM, said:

Don’t worry about reds and greens mate, I don’t see them so don’t care.

I have no intention of becoming a member of the new message board, especially after today so anything I have posted on this board, including my personal details cannot be transferred, ever.

Why, what’s happened?

#204 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2024 - 02:21 PM

Westbars Spireite, on 16 February 2024 - 12:13 PM, said:

Why, what’s happened?

CPS is back and not apologised is my bet
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#205 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2024 - 07:39 PM

Like a ****i g crèche on here half the time

#206 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 February 2024 - 07:48 PM

spireitetoo, on 16 February 2024 - 02:21 PM, said:

CPS is back and not apologised is my bet

Which was the point of the “ban” wasn’t it?
Either prove the comments were made or apologise if not, neither appear to have happened, so I understand Quakers point of view.
Apologies to CPS for sticking my nose in but seeing as he feels he has to poke his nose into everything I post I thought I’d reciprocate..
East stand second class citizen.

#207 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2024 - 08:24 PM

Mr Mercury, on 16 February 2024 - 07:48 PM, said:

Which was the point of the “ban” wasn’t it?
Either prove the comments were made or apologise if not, neither appear to have happened, so I understand Quakers point of view.
Apologies to CPS for sticking my nose in but seeing as he feels he has to poke his nose into everything I post I thought I’d reciprocate..

Well seeing as both of you ridiculed my service record , finding it hilarious to do so on a public forum I couldn’t give a toss about either of you.
I detest bullies , in particular keyboard ones who feel it’s ok to belittle others.
I’m very confident neither of you would do so to anyone in real life but are happy to do so behind a keyboard for whatever reason.
I have been bombarded with DM’s (which randomly work for him) all of an abusive nature.
He obviously has issues and needs to seek hel or solace.
Whatever your (both) private beliefs that’s fine but I’d rather some of the views were kept hidden.

There is blatant Islamaphobia on here as people have reported (I’ve had DM’s asking if I’m ok - which of course I am but others may not be).
The fact Quaker went running to cause bother and get someone banned is about as yellow and unlike any soldier I’ve ever worked with or met but each to his own.

Comments about my beliefs are one thing but the ‘nonce’ comments are something else which are going to have to be dealt with.

#208 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 February 2024 - 08:46 PM

calvin plummers socks, on 16 February 2024 - 08:24 PM, said:

Well seeing as both of you ridiculed my service record , finding it hilarious to do so on a public forum I couldn’t give a toss about either of you.
I detest bullies , in particular keyboard ones who feel it’s ok to belittle others.
I’m very confident neither of you would do so to anyone in real life but are happy to do so behind a keyboard for whatever reason.
I have been bombarded with DM’s (which randomly work for him) all of an abusive nature.
He obviously has issues and needs to seek hel or solace.
Whatever your (both) private beliefs that’s fine but I’d rather some of the views were kept hidden.

There is blatant Islamaphobia on here as people have reported (I’ve had DM’s asking if I’m ok - which of course I am but others may not be).
The fact Quaker went running to cause bother and get someone banned is about as yellow and unlike any soldier I’ve ever worked with or met but each to his own.

Comments about my beliefs are one thing but the ‘nonce’ comments are something else which are going to have to be dealt with.

I did doubt your service record, but on more than one occasion I offered my unreserved apologies, which I do again, if you served, it’s certainly not an employment avenue I went down. So happy again to hold my hands up there. But you can’t or don’t want to accept that, no probs.
You detest bullies? Don’t we all. And I’m more than happy to step from behind my keyboard, just wondering why you’ve never done the same with other posters who make regular attempts to engage with you. You can’t call some out for one thing whilst doing the same yourself.
Anyhow, has I’ve said before I’m more than happy to ignore each other, and I have done before but you can’t help yourself trolling me for my vote at the last election etc, but please feel free to continue if you want, I’d sooner ignore you but difficult when your first post back in the personal section was aimed at me.
Anyhow glad you’re back, I’ve missed my shadow.

#209 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 16 February 2024 - 09:25 PM

CFC91, on 16 February 2024 - 07:39 PM, said:

Well said.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#210 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2024 - 10:25 PM

CFC91, on 16 February 2024 - 07:39 PM, said:

Genuinely embarrassing

#211 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2024 - 10:31 PM

Fit as a Nelson, on 16 February 2024 - 10:25 PM, said:

Genuinely embarrassing

Who should be embarrassed?

#212 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2024 - 10:42 PM

Us as a fan base with the state of some of our posters

#213 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2024 - 11:52 PM

Fit as a Nelson, on 16 February 2024 - 10:42 PM, said:

Us as a fan base with the state of some of our posters

Give over. So,you’re genuinely embarrassed as a fan due to bobs board posts?
Are we the Salvation Army?

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 17 February 2024 - 12:03 AM

#214 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2024 - 07:30 AM

Ironic that this thread demonstrates the best and worst of 'BB'.

Folk prepared to selflessly fund and administer a forum used by others to platform their pomposity, pettiness and personal prejudices.

I look forward to whatever replaces this messageboard. It's proven entertaining, informative and cathartic. I also hope we can retain decades of posts chronicling some of the most successful and turbulent times in our club's history. And if folk are embarrassed by their previous? Tough. Their choice to say it in the first place.

Same applies to any new site, too. If anyone considers it somehow beneath them, perhaps preferring others I'm told are even more of a playground, then don't contribute, simple as that...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#215 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2024 - 09:23 AM

Mr Mercury, on 16 February 2024 - 11:52 PM, said:

Give over. So,you’re genuinely embarrassed as a fan due to bobs board posts?
Are we the Salvation Army?

Sometimes, yeah.

#216 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 17 February 2024 - 11:05 AM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 February 2024 - 07:30 AM, said:

Folk prepared to selflessly fund and administer a forum used by others to platform their pomposity, pettiness and personal prejudices.

I look forward to whatever replaces this messageboard. It's proven entertaining, informative and cathartic. I also hope we can retain decades of posts chronicling some of the most successful and turbulent times in our club's history. And if folk are embarrassed by their previous? Tough. Their choice to say it in the first place.

Same applies to any new site, too. If anyone considers it somehow beneath them, perhaps preferring others I'm told are even more of a playground, then don't contribute, simple as that...

Think that sums everything up, onwards and upwards.Would be a bonus if some actually digested the above words and gave thought to them?

#217 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2024 - 02:02 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 February 2024 - 07:30 AM, said:

What gets me is someone prepares to fund the message board, someone else comes forward prepared to port the data on to a new platform and then someone demands that their previous posts (not just personal data) aren't ported probably making the volunteer's job far more difficult. I wonder given the strife this volunteer will have second thoughts.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#218 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2024 - 03:56 PM

azul, on 17 February 2024 - 02:02 PM, said:

What gets me is someone prepares to fund the message board, someone else comes forward prepared to port the data on to a new platform and then someone demands that their previous posts (not just personal data) aren't ported probably making the volunteer's job far more difficult. I wonder given the strife this volunteer will have second thoughts.

Yep dramatic to the end.

#219 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2024 - 05:23 PM

CPS returns, the board goes to schitt.. 🤣
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#220 User is offline   azul 

• Legend