Smart Meters Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:46 AM

View Postmoondog, on 27 November 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Surely without meter readers the costs come down, IF the savings are passed onto customers you will benefit

Are you really that niave? So in your world it's ok to make all these people redundant so you may save a penny? Shameful
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#22 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostPaul stanley, on 27 November 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

I got a letter today from eon asking me for to ring them to make an appointment to get one fitted. Did not seem to state it was optional. They are probably generic letters sent without them knowing the ins and outs of the property. I live in a block of flats and rent my place so surely its not my decession. The metres for all the flats are in a cupboard and even if i owned the flat it may still be down to the property management firm who look after the areas outside my front door

You don't need the landlord's permission though it's good manners to inform them.

I did agree to be send something that monitored my energy use once by a previous supplier (EON?) but I sold it on eBay as I didn't want it.

#23 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:12 AM

View Postfishini, on 28 November 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

Are you really that niave? So in your world it's ok to make all these people redundant so you may save a penny? Shameful

Where are these meter readers? I've not had mine checked in at least four years and I've changed supplier at least annually in that time.

Might be about time to start knocking a few off each time.

#24 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:21 AM

We've got a smart meter for the electric but we send the readings in for the gas, get an email asking us to do it and i submit them via the app. We get a better tariff for doing it that way so even without the smart meters they are already binning off the guys that come to read them. Takes me about 20 seconds tops to submit it via the app.

#25 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

View Postfishini, on 28 November 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

I think you're the naive one if you think any industry will stand in the way of technological advances saving labour costs. It's the way of the world.

I also placed a big IF within my comment recognising that this market isn't truly competitive as a result of poor regulation

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users