• You cannot reply to this topic

General Election It Is Then... Rate Topic: -----

#881 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 July 2024 - 07:58 PM

View Posts42blue, on 02 July 2024 - 07:52 PM, said:

Rumours that Labour will stop investors from taking 25% tax free cash. Surely not?

Would crash the U.K. markets.

That's one they would have to keep secret until the day it applies, otherwise the financial institutions wont be able to cope with the cash demands...

Plus if the WASPI women can claim that they werent given enough notice for a change to pension age then surely a significant impact like that would have to be flagged as for some people it is a significant amount of money (including me).

Maybe I should take some of it tomorrow just to be certain...?
although this would suggest that it was a leader error and not a policy....

https://www.ft.com/c...dc-cec5fc056cea

But it does look like they will be hitting hard on IHT - guess getting taxed on the money once before you use it for a house or invest is not enough... I'm not against IHT per se but I do think the family home should be exempt...as well as the £325k allowance for each parent...

https://www.telegrap...her%20suggests.

This post has been edited by isleaiw1: 02 July 2024 - 08:33 PM

Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#882 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 02 July 2024 - 10:02 PM

isleaiw1, on 02 July 2024 - 07:58 PM, said:

That's one they would have to keep secret until the day it applies, otherwise the financial institutions wont be able to cope with the cash demands...

Plus if the WASPI women can claim that they werent given enough notice for a change to pension age then surely a significant impact like that would have to be flagged as for some people it is a significant amount of money (including me).

But it does look like they will be hitting hard on IHT - guess getting taxed on the money once before you use it for a house or invest is not enough... I'm not against IHT per se but I do think the family home should be exempt...as well as the ?325k allowance for each parent...

Has been a rumour I?ve read from intelligent people. Surely not though.

Agree re IHT. It?s not a tax on super wealthy anymore. Most inheritances actually lead to a rise in consumer spending so a wealth creator to fund business to fund profits to pay tax on, rather than a one off tax.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#883 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 05:35 AM

Looks like the Tories dragged some scruffy bloke off the street, gave him an ill fitting suit and allowed him to bluster a loada lies...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#884 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 05:54 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 03 July 2024 - 05:35 AM, said:

Looks like the Tories dragged some scruffy bloke off the street, gave him an ill fitting suit and allowed him to bluster a loada lies...

What was it you said about childish name calling earlier Chris? And he hasnt had the benefit of donations to dress him like SKS...

Besides if we are talking scruffy ex leaders, do your remember Foot...?
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#885 User is online   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 03 July 2024 - 06:21 AM

Mr Mercury, on 01 July 2024 - 09:46 PM, said:

Fine words my friend, but what are your thoughts on illegal immigration and how that affects the ability to finance all of the above and the saturation of numbers of the above?

Sorry we are are not and never can be friend's. I find your beliefs repulsive to me and mine to you.

This post has been edited by fishini: 03 July 2024 - 06:21 AM

DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#886 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 July 2024 - 06:32 AM

View Postfishini, on 03 July 2024 - 06:21 AM, said:

Sorry we are are not and never can be friend's. I find your beliefs repulsive to me and mine to you.

Well that?s come as a shock!
Oh well, I’ll struggle on.
BTW it was just used as a loose term, I wasn’t reaching out to you.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 03 July 2024 - 06:36 AM

East stand second class citizen.

#887 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 03 July 2024 - 06:57 AM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 03 July 2024 - 05:35 AM, said:

It really was bottom of the barrel stuff, a party so desperate so pathetic and so corrupt that in some ridiculous last gasp circus like attempt to look like a party of the people, with various actors from a multitude of ethnic backgrounds, they then wheeled out the chief clown for more of his hair ruffling pompous bluster.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#888 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 07:46 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 03 July 2024 - 06:57 AM, said:

It really was bottom of the barrel stuff, a party so desperate so pathetic and so corrupt that in some ridiculous last gasp circus like attempt to look like a party of the people, with various actors from a multitude of ethnic backgrounds, they then wheeled out the chief clown for more of his hair ruffling pompous bluster.

For all his faults, and he has millions, he is great at getting people on side and follow him, and at this stage of an election that is exactly what you wheel out.

I expect they will be keeping SKS to a minimum today then...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#889 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 July 2024 - 07:58 AM

Bonnyman, on 03 July 2024 - 06:57 AM, said:

Well feedback suggests another massive own goal by a Sunak who didn't even share the stage with Johnson.

Boris the Liar's one night 'Father Jack' tribute turn (by the way, calling him a liar is just a statement of fact) has simply reminded the moral majority how he embodies every episode of tory incompetence and corruption and cronyism.

In fact it was jaw dropping to see him recieving such a Trumpian reception from members of the so called 'party of law and order' or 'party of family values'. Obviously they've learned absolutely nothing.

Either way the history books will tell us it was he, more than anyone, who turned an eighty seat majority into a Labour landslide...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 03 July 2024 - 07:58 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#890 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 08:10 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 03 July 2024 - 07:58 AM, said:

Well feedback suggests another massive own goal by a Sunak who didn't even share the stage with Johnson.

Boris the Liar's one night 'Father Jack' tribute turn (by the way, calling him a liar is just a statement of fact) has simply reminded the moral majority how he embodies every episode of tory incompetence and corruption and cronyism.

In fact it was jaw dropping to see him recieving such a Trumpian reception from members of the so called 'party of law and order' or 'party of family values'. Obviously they've learned absolutely nothing.

Either way the history books will tell us it was he, more than anyone, who turned an eighty seat majority into a Labour landslide...

Its childish name calling even if its true. Just saying.

And there goes that counting chickens again,its not over till its over.... as Jude showed the other night...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#891 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 03 July 2024 - 08:42 AM

isleaiw1, on 03 July 2024 - 08:10 AM, said:

Its childish name calling even if its true. Just saying.

And there goes that counting chickens again,its not over till its over.... as Jude showed the other night...

He was a fat liar who didn?t have any self respect or dignity whatsoever (just look at the slob)

#892 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 08:45 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 03 July 2024 - 08:42 AM, said:

He was a fat liar who didn?t have any self respect or dignity whatsoever (just look at the slob)

More body shaming and name calling... And whilst it doesnt apply to him, give me a fat person who is nice over a vain, conceited thin athletic person anyday...

Just my opinion obvs...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#893 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 08:59 AM

isleaiw1, on 02 July 2024 - 07:58 PM, said:

But it does look like they will be hitting hard on IHT - guess getting taxed on the money once before you use it for a house or invest is not enough... I'm not against IHT per se but I do think the family home should be exempt...as well as the ?325k allowance for each parent...

My mistake. I hadn?t read it was said in error. Phew.

#894 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 09:01 AM

calvin plummers socks, on 03 July 2024 - 08:42 AM, said:

You really think he has a problem with self respect? Of all his multitudinous failings I?d say he doesn?t have this!

#895 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 03 July 2024 - 11:57 AM

s42blue, on 03 July 2024 - 09:01 AM, said:

You really think he has a problem with self respect? Of all his multitudinous failings I?d say he doesn?t have this!

His obesity and dress sense?

#896 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 11:59 AM

See the Torygraph is full on election mode today (see Chris, recognising the bias in my links as I post them) but they are quoting others so I'll put it out there after S42Blue's comments last night:

"Rachel Reeves will launch a ?15bn tax raid on pensions, capital gains and inheritance this autumn if Labour wins a super-majority, a leading City forecaster has warned.

Analysts at the investment bank Citi said the shadow chancellor was likely to bow to demands for higher public spending, adding that Labour could extend a stealth raid on workers? pay packets if it wins the election.

Benjamin Nabarro, its chief UK economist, said Labour would ?ultimately tax and spend more than the current baseline?

Mr Nabarro said slashing reliefs on pension contributions, inheritance tax and capital gains were easy targets for the party, raising up to ?8bn a year alone amid widespread fears that Ms Reeves is plotting a fresh raid on retirement pots.

Mr Nabarro said: ?We therefore expect some further tightening in the autumn.

?Here the most likely revenue candidates could be changes in pension contribution relief after Rachel Reeves ruled out changes in the lifetime allowance, reform to capital gains and changes to inheritance tax. These are in addition to revenue changes in Labour?s manifesto.?

Fortunately I wont have IHT to pay as my kids will be owners of all my assets well before then..anything that could be subject to IHT is in an ISA wrapper... and if they reduce the tax relief on my pension conts, I'll just put in the minimum, go 4 days a week and stick any spare cash in my ISA so its not taxable on the way out...

Cant see how those changes sit with the Great British Wealth fund and PFI initiatives if they start starving pension funds of money but I suppose there will be the m public sector workers mainly funded by the employers...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#897 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 12:01 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 03 July 2024 - 11:57 AM, said:

Given I'm not a slim jim and no one would ever say I had style in how I dressed, do I also lack self respect? Or is it that I dont give a **** what other tossers think because I respect what is important in life - in others and myself?

I'll give you a clue, whilst I think we are all capable of being better humans I think I do a decent job mainly...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#898 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 12:28 PM

calvin plummers socks, on 03 July 2024 - 11:57 AM, said:

Sorry you dont make sense. I asked if you thought he has a problem with self respect. It?s a binary question.

#899 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 12:33 PM

isleaiw1, on 03 July 2024 - 11:59 AM, said:

Fortunately I wont have IHT to pay as my kids will be owners of all my assets well before then..anything that could be subject to IHT is in an ISA wrapper...

I have since said the post re tax on TFC is incorrect and KS has corrected his mistake.

IHT does apply to ISAs btw. Hopefully you mean CGT and thats not a surprise!!

#900 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2024 - 12:51 PM

View Posts42blue, on 03 July 2024 - 12:33 PM, said:

I have since said the post re tax on TFC is incorrect and KS has corrected his mistake.

IHT does apply to ISAs btw. Hopefully you mean CGT and thats not a surprise!!

Yep, I know IHT applies to ISA's but at some stage I'll put them in the kids name too...

I know you said he had made a mistake (funny how that wasnt picked up and commented on by others..) but it was in the field of pensions and tax so it seemed to follow to link this to that - not going to screw you one way but will screw you another!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

Share this topic:

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users