• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Training Ground Crowd funding link in thread

#21 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 16 October 2023 - 06:26 PM

Thanks to your generousity we now have the first few Mannequins. Such are the facilities that even Mansfield have been up there for a practice match. The game finished 1-0 but the Mannequins were distraught at only getting the single goal.

Please keep giving!
Peter Whiteley

#22 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 16 October 2023 - 06:45 PM

dalekpete, on 16 October 2023 - 06:26 PM, said:

Thanks to your generousity we now have the first few Mannequins. Such are the facilities that even Mansfield have been up there for a practice match. The game finished 1-0 but the Mannequins were distraught at only getting the single goal.

Please keep giving!

Even more so when the goalkeeping mannequin was sent off in the first half.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#23 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 October 2023 - 04:09 PM

Personally I think its disgraceful that the club has the begging buckets out when they are in receipt of record amounts of gate revenue and have just issued a shed load of preference shares that attract a rate of 5% interest on them.

Why didn't they bring in capital that would have seen them replaced as majority shareholders instead? I think we all know why, get to play at football chairman while paying out interest and getting the fans to make up the shortfall via fundraisers.

Any news yet on how much CFC senior staff employed paid via the Trust are being paid yet or did we gloss over that?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#24 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 17 October 2023 - 04:52 PM

Town_Fan, on 17 October 2023 - 04:09 PM, said:

Personally I think its disgraceful that the club has the begging buckets out when they are in receipt of record amounts of gate revenue and have just issued a shed load of preference shares that attract a rate of 5% interest on them.

Why didn't they bring in capital that would have seen them replaced as majority shareholders instead? I think we all know why, get to play at football chairman while paying out interest and getting the fans to make up the shortfall via fundraisers.

Any news yet on how much CFC senior staff employed paid via the Trust are being paid yet or did we gloss over that?

Shall we spell this out for you once again, we are a Community club, the crowdfunding was set up by fans not the club, if people want to contribute to the COMMUNITY club why shouldn't they? What is your problem with this concept? Jealousy?
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#25 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 17 October 2023 - 04:55 PM

Town_Fan, on 17 October 2023 - 04:09 PM, said:

Am I alone in thinking your a bitter individual who would benefit supporting someone else?

#26 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 October 2023 - 05:05 PM

Johnnyspireite7, on 17 October 2023 - 04:52 PM, said:

Shall we spell this out for you once again, we are a Community club, the crowdfunding was set up by fans not the club, if people want to contribute to the COMMUNITY club why shouldn't they? What is your problem with this concept? Jealousy?

It was set up by the club, but I too don't see an issue with it given the £300k investment in the training ground on top of that in the squad

#27 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2023 - 05:08 PM

moondog, on 17 October 2023 - 05:05 PM, said:

It was set up by the club, but I too don't see an issue with it given the £300k investment in the training ground on top of that in the squad

I stand corrected on that point, thank you MD, but the rest of my post still stands.

#28 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2023 - 05:33 PM

dalekpete, on 16 October 2023 - 06:26 PM, said:

Such are the facilities that even Mansfield have been up there for a practice match.

Please keep giving!

I thought the idea of having our own training ground was that we wouldn't have to pick up s*** from the pitch before we used it.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#29 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2023 - 06:12 PM

moondog, on 16 October 2023 - 03:57 PM, said:

Donations now up to £2,700 after someone dropped in a grand

Do we have a target figure ?
God I hate this league.

#30 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 October 2023 - 06:17 PM

DIFH, on 17 October 2023 - 06:12 PM, said:

£10,000

#31 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2023 - 06:34 PM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#32 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2023 - 06:44 PM

Put 50 k in loose change for you

#33 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2023 - 07:14 PM

warfey is a spireite, on 17 October 2023 - 06:44 PM, said:

Put 50 k in loose change for you

I’ll donate if you do Dave, there’s a challenge.
God I hate this league.

#34 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2023 - 08:01 PM

tomjoad, on 17 October 2023 - 04:55 PM, said:

Am I alone in thinking your a bitter individual who would benefit supporting someone else?

Scrutinising the goings on behind the scenes is a necessity. The history of this club during the last quarter of a century should make that apparent to all concerned.

I have no knowledge of the current crop of 'owners'. But it's worth bearing in mind that when people questioned the motivations and qualities of Brown & Allen they were roundly attacked as not having the best interests of the club at heart.

#35 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2023 - 08:18 PM

Snowflake McBedwetter, on 17 October 2023 - 08:01 PM, said:

Scrutinising the goings on behind the scenes is a necessity. The history of this club during the last quarter of a century should make that apparent to all concerned.

I have no knowledge of the current crop of 'owners'. But it's worth bearing in mind that when people questioned the motivations and qualities of Brown & Allen they were roundly attacked as not having the best interests of the club at heart.

Hmmmm let's examine the evidence, puppet master and the sock puppet, selling off the family silver just when we were getting close to the promised land then appointing clowns and lunatics to descend us to the living hell of non-league football, the Trust and the Kirks, investing in the team and infrastructure to set us up for a return to where we belong and possibly beyond. Nope can't see any difference there!🙃 also bearing in mind Town Fan has something up his butt about the Trust and certain members thereof.

#36 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2023 - 08:46 PM

"investing in the team and infrastructure to set us up for a return to where we belong and possibly beyond."

This. Exactly this, is what was said when Brown and then Allen came calling.

#37 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 October 2023 - 08:47 PM

What mandate did the Trust have to put the club into further debt by offering preference shares that have to be bought back or interest paid on them while ever they are owned elsewhere?

The yearly interest payments must be way in excess of what was required to configure the training ground.

How is it that the club is being run that it needs all this extra money to come in to be close to breaking even?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#38 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 October 2023 - 08:58 PM

Snowflake McBedwetter, on 17 October 2023 - 08:46 PM, said:

"investing in the team and infrastructure to set us up for a return to where we belong and possibly beyond."

This. Exactly this, is what was said when Brown and then Allen came calling.

Here he is, comparing the motivations of the Trust (a charitable organisation doing wonders in the local community) and the Kirk’s (lifelong Town fans) with Allen and Brown now… with all due respect, they may (and will) make mistakes but it’s obvious their hearts are in the right place.

#39 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 October 2023 - 09:03 PM

Town_Fan, on 17 October 2023 - 08:47 PM, said:

What mandate did the Trust have to put the club into further debt by offering preference shares that have to be bought back or interest paid on them while ever they are owned elsewhere?

The yearly interest payments must be way in excess of what was required to configure the training ground.

How is it that the club is being run that it needs all this extra money to come in to be close to breaking even?

That’s easy to answer. The mandate comes from the vote of the Trust and the Kirks- which swamps the minority votes.
Per the March price of Football podcast, the average loss incurred by NL teams is £750k pa. From afar we can only hope the Kirks know what they are doing financially - they should do given their background, but only published accounts in March 2025 will tell us.

We’re just spectators.

#40 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 October 2023 - 09:13 PM

Town_Fan, on 17 October 2023 - 08:47 PM, said:

My understanding of the statement is that we’re close to breaking even on our P&L, therefore without the additional investment being taken into account - could be wrong though, that was how I read it.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users