• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derbyshire V Hampshire

#21 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

It was a bit naughty putting the prices up from £16 in advance and £20 on day to £22 in advance and £25 on the night!

#22 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

I can partly understand them doing it, big money spinner for the club from a game they probably hadnt budgeted for. That said were the prices enough to put off enough folk going that they would have made more leaving them at normal prices?

Do the club get anything from the game being on TV like you would in football or do the clubs just get a set amount each season from the TV deal?

#23 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

Back in the day most of the one off quarter or semi finals (and we played a few lol ) were played in the Queens Park because bigger crowds than Derby were guaranteed

It would never happen today of course because of now playing under floodlights and tv demands etc but it would have been interesting if the Hampshire match had been played in the Park what the atmosphere etc would have been like

It did not do us any harm when we beat the Puddings in front of a full house earlier in the season but having said that how it was Afridis day he would have probably doubled his score lol

#24 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Think its pretty much nailed on that had it been the park it would have been a sell out, although that probably means not many more folk there than Tuesday, but it would have been louder. Also could have meant with the smaller boundaries we'd have been chasing 350!!

#25 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

I'd be interested in seeing the attendance figures for each of the home games.

My mate thought there was as many for the Lancs game as the other night.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 24 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

#26 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

JonB, on 24 August 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

I can partly understand them doing it, big money spinner for the club from a game they probably hadnt budgeted for. That said were the prices enough to put off enough folk going that they would have made more leaving them at normal prices?

Do the club get anything from the game being on TV like you would in football or do the clubs just get a set amount each season from the TV deal?

I think the TV money is distributed evenly throughout the counties which I think is fair seeing that some are on Sky more than others lol

#27 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

Westbars Spireite, on 24 August 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

I'd be interested in seeing the attendance figures for each of the home games.

My mate thought there was as many for the Lancs game as the other night.

I thought the Lancs attendance was the biggest I have seen at Derby for several years beating the matches since in tbe T20

#28 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

whittman, on 24 August 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Back in the day most of the one off quarter or semi finals (and we played a few lol ) were played in the Queens Park because bigger crowds than Derby were guaranteed

It would never happen today of course because of now playing under floodlights and tv demands etc but it would have been interesting if the Hampshire match had been played in the Park what the atmosphere etc would have been like

It did not do us any harm when we beat the Puddings in front of a full house earlier in the season but having said that how it was Afridis day he would have probably doubled his score lol

Those who remember the fantastic Gillette Cup Semi-Final v. Sussex in Queen's Park will recall the partisan atmosphere and the pressure Sussex were under chasing a moderate target. It was day most will not forget as Derbyshire's bowlers trounced them. I did think the Hampshire game - if we had lights - was a no-brainer to play at Chesterfield and they would have been under great pressure - far from the sterile venue of Derby but alas, this advantage is no longer feasible.

It was a day, a not very good T20 player - Alfridi - had a stormer. Good luck to the lad. On a broader note, being optimistic, Derbyshire's T20 performances have been superb - and at last they are competing more regularly. A great improvement that bodes well for next season.

#29 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

Afridi has one knock every now and then, the way he bats means more often than not he wont come off but we got that one time he did. He got a flyer from Madsen first over and that was that. Dropping him wasnt a major issue as he only added about 20 more, his day was about summed up by top edging a decent bouncer for 6!!

#30 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

frearsghost, on 24 August 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Those who remember the fantastic Gillette Cup Semi-Final v. Sussex in Queen's Park will recall the partisan atmosphere and the pressure Sussex were under chasing a moderate target. It was day most will not forget as Derbyshire's bowlers trounced them. I did think the Hampshire game - if we had lights - was a no-brainer to play at Chesterfield and they would have been under great pressure - far from the sterile venue of Derby but alas, this advantage is no longer feasible.

It was a day, a not very good T20 player - Alfridi - had a stormer. Good luck to the lad. On a broader note, being optimistic, Derbyshire's T20 performances have been superb - and at last they are competing more regularly. A great improvement that bodes well for next season.

Agreed FG that Sussex semi final had an atmosphere never to be forgotten

I think John Arlott no less said that it was the first time he had heard football style chanting at a cricket match and Sussex could not cope being bowled

out for 49 when chasing 137 for victory

This post has been edited by whittman: 25 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

#31 User is offline   Comeonyouirons 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:West Ham United <br />Lager

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Queens park had a terrific atmosphere but I also really loved our fixtures at Ilkeston ...

In 1977 we played a quarter final there v Somerset . The atmosphere was VERY lively mostly due to most Somerset fans carrying round gallon plastic containers of Cider

Somerset tore us a new one though ,,,, They scored far far too many for us to chase ...their captain of the day Brian Rose scored a very good ton IIRC

previous round we had mullered Sussex ( AGAIN ," a la 1969 " )

John Wright , Eddie Barlow not a bad team in those days

This post has been edited by Comeonyouirons: 25 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

THEY FLY SO HIGH , NEARLY REACH THE SKY , AND LIKE MY DREAMS THEY FADE AND DIE

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users