• You cannot reply to this topic

Artificial Weather Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2024 - 06:44 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 08 June 2024 - 06:42 PM, said:

No, just north of Watford... about 20 degrees today and sunny now, bit overcast earlier. Cant remember last time I put a jacket on for work, and 7.45 on the platform in just a polo shirt (long sleeved admittedly) does tend to get chilly if its been cold overnight..

But there is no win, Pete wont believe the official stats or my data, he thinks its been cold for June (in May) so that's it...

It was cold in May and it?s been very cold so far for June. Simples.
Hater of all things Scab!

#42 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 08 June 2024 - 06:48 PM

View PostPontePete, on 08 June 2024 - 06:44 PM, said:

It was cold in May and it?s been very cold so far for June. Simples.

Correct
Very cold for June so far
The dance act BT brought a track out in the late nineties called Flaming June
Well it?s not flaming in the UK this June its more like the bleedin ice age

#43 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 06:56 PM

View PostBlue roan lily, on 08 June 2024 - 06:48 PM, said:

Correct
Very cold for June so far
The dance act BT brought a track out in the late nineties called Flaming June
Well it?s not flaming in the UK this June its more like the bleedin ice age

From the telegraph... agrees with you and explains why that in itself supports the numbers!

A closer look at the figures show that, in many ways, May was not exceptional. Maximum temperatures were not the highest in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, although they did hit record levels in Scotland.

Sunshine levels were equally poor, with just 22 years being more gloomy in Britain since measurements were first taken in 1884. It?s also been the sixth wettest Spring on record, with rainfall 32 per cent above average for the UK.

The record-breaking mean temperature, which hit 13.1C ? a full degree warmer than the previous high in 2008 ? was dragged up by higher minimums, which rose to 9C from the next highest of 7.8C in 2022.

An abundance of clouds had prevented heat leaving the Earth at night, acting like space heaters reflecting the rising surface energy back towards the ground.

So there you go, it was wet and miserable which made it warm, and we didnt have cold frosty starts or similar which meant the overnight temp was the reason for the increase....

Data - dont you just love it. Pete, next you will be telling me insurers make up the numbers and prices arent really based on risk profiles ;)
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#44 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 06:58 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 08 June 2024 - 06:42 PM, said:

No, just north of Watford... about 20 degrees today and sunny now, bit overcast earlier. Cant remember last time I put a jacket on for work, and 7.45 on the platform in just a polo shirt (long sleeved admittedly) does tend to get chilly if its been cold overnight..

But there is no win, Pete wont believe the official stats or my data, he thinks its been cold for June (in May) so that's it...

As for 20 degrees?

Attached File(s)

#45 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 07:06 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 08 June 2024 - 06:56 PM, said:

From the telegraph... agrees with you and explains why that in itself supports the numbers!

A closer look at the figures show that, in many ways, May was not exceptional. Maximum temperatures were not the highest in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, although they did hit record levels in Scotland.

Sunshine levels were equally poor, with just 22 years being more gloomy in Britain since measurements were first taken in 1884. It?s also been the sixth wettest Spring on record, with rainfall 32 per cent above average for the UK.

The record-breaking mean temperature, which hit 13.1C ? a full degree warmer than the previous high in 2008 ? was dragged up by higher minimums, which rose to 9C from the next highest of 7.8C in 2022.

An abundance of clouds had prevented heat leaving the Earth at night, acting like space heaters reflecting the rising surface energy back towards the ground.

So there you go, it was wet and miserable which made it warm, and we didnt have cold frosty starts or similar which meant the overnight temp was the reason for the increase....

Data - dont you just love it. Pete, next you will be telling me insurers make up the numbers and prices arent really based on risk profiles ;)

Frosty starts in May..
WoW that?s exactly what we are used to..
LMAO..

#46 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 07:16 PM

View PostPontePete, on 08 June 2024 - 06:58 PM, said:

As for 20 degrees?

well not now, but it was according to the car at about 4, but as you can see sunny now, although just come in to watch the Freddie tribute concert / do the airport run... Only 16 tomorrow but then it will be in double figures all night, unlike tonight when its going to be 6. Clear days, cold nights, cloudy days, warm nights.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#47 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 07:18 PM

View PostBlue roan lily, on 08 June 2024 - 07:06 PM, said:

Frosty starts in May..
WoW that?s exactly what we are used to..
LMAO..

This suggests there normally is but not in 2022 or 2023, doesnt have data for 2024...

of course if you dont believe published data this will make no difference to your thoughts...

https://www.statista...ir-frost-in-uk/
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#48 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 07:28 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 08 June 2024 - 07:18 PM, said:

This suggests there normally is but not in 2022 or 2023, doesnt have data for 2024...

of course if you dont believe published data this will make no difference to your thoughts...

https://www.statista...ir-frost-in-uk/

Correct
I?m 52 years old now and don?t fall for any of the propaganda BS regarding climate change etc
You know what I do ?
I look to the skies everyday and realise things are not normal
Far from the UK burning,it’s cold , it’s wet and far from the BS the media are promoting

This post has been edited by Blue roan lily: 08 June 2024 - 07:29 PM

#49 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 07:31 PM

View PostPontePete, on 08 June 2024 - 06:58 PM, said:

As for 20 degrees?

You never know Pete
He might have the fire on

#50 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 08:01 PM

View PostBlue roan lily, on 08 June 2024 - 07:31 PM, said:

You never know Pete

Bet he?s got his patio heater on at least 😂

#51 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 08:37 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 08 June 2024 - 06:28 PM, said:

Sat outside in my shorts... maybe the world doesnt end (or even the UK) at Chesterfield....

I live in the south east and watered my garden at around 19.00...i put my coat on, because it was f'in freezing!

Ftr we had our heating on several times in May.

#52 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 08:43 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 08 June 2024 - 06:28 PM, said:

Sat outside in my shorts... maybe the world doesnt end (or even the UK) at Chesterfield....

I?ve had shorts on outside today in chesterfield but I?m not a good one to judge by?.i wear shorts most of the time to be honest!! I think it?s down to my 6 week stint as a postie a few years back?got into the postie habit of wearing shorts and never stopped.

Joking aside our heating has barely been on for a while now. I turned both thermostats to 13c/14c so it didn?t come on when we went away at Easter. Not turned them up since and only once, maybe twice has my other half moaned about it being cold in the house.

#53 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 08:46 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 08 June 2024 - 08:37 PM, said:

I live in the south east and watered my garden at around 19.00...i put my coat on, because it was f'in freezing!

Ftr we had our heating on several times in May.

Ian?s just sticking with the global warming bo**ocks as it eases the pain that he feels because he brought an electric car to save the world and the residual value is through the floor on it. No one wants one cos they?re a crock of sh*t!

#54 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 08:51 PM

View PostPontePete, on 08 June 2024 - 08:46 PM, said:

Ian?s just sticking with the global warming bo**ocks as it eases the pain that he feels because he brought an electric car to save the world and the residual value is through the floor on it. No one wants one cos they?re a crock of sh*t!

Yep, folks like him tick the agenda box but when it comes to bite them in the old arse they get very defensive

#55 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 08:54 PM

Ok...for starters, why did the so-called experts change it from global warming to climate change; quite simple, they were unable to sustain the narrative and justify it.

The 'science' is ridiculously ambiguous. What's the methodology for the data extrapolations? What is the data? Where is the data taken? Is the methodology consistent with other methodologies previously utilised in EXACTLY the same way...if not, that gives us skewed data. What's the modelling?

There's just no transparency with the data.

Now, folks can believe what they want but, as with the COVID data, we've seen how government funded organisations (like the BBC, the Met Office is also one) can present data.

As with COVID; any professional who dares to offer an alternative view, is immediately shut down, their professionalism and intelligence insulted, and labelled a climate change denier. A predictable diatribe to discredit people with years of experience.

Personally, I see it as nothing but pure catastrophising, in order to drive a narrative and an agenda.

This post has been edited by Misnomer: 08 June 2024 - 08:56 PM

#56 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 09:03 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 08 June 2024 - 08:54 PM, said:

Ok...for starters, why did the so-called experts change it from global warming to climate change; quite simple, they were unable to sustain the narrative and justify it.

The 'science' is ridiculously ambiguous. What's the methodology for the data extrapolations? What is the data? Where is the data taken? Is the methodology consistent with other methodologies previously utilised in EXACTLY the same way...if not, that gives us skewed data. What's the modelling?

Now, folks can believe what they want but, as with the COVID data, we've seen how government funded organisations (like the BBC, the Met Office is also one) can present data.

As with COVID; any professional who dares to offer an alternative view, is immediately shut down, their professionalism and intelligence insulted, and labelled a climate change denier. A predictable diatribe to discredit people with years of experience.

Personally, I see it as nothing but pure catastrophising, in order to drive a narrative and an agenda.

I?ve said it on here before, but David Bellamy is a classic example. Everyone?s favourite botanist and a very popular TV Presenter we all
grew up with. He called out the climate bollux for what it is, and was cancelled and virtually never seen on tv again.

#57 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 09:08 PM

View PostBlue roan lily, on 08 June 2024 - 07:28 PM, said:

Correct
I?m 52 years old now and don?t fall for any of the propaganda BS regarding climate change etc
You know what I do ?
I look to the skies everyday and realise things are not normal
Far from the UK burning,it?s cold , it?s wet and far from the BS the media are promoting

ah the propaganda. Because of course there is no evidence.

Crack on, presume you dont have kids or grandkids who will have to live with the consequences of those who refuse to believe what they dont want to believe... Have you been to the arctic to check the ice flows up there and how much they are declining year on year?

View PostBlue roan lily, on 08 June 2024 - 07:31 PM, said:

You never know Pete

Dont have a fire, no point these days ;)

View PostPontePete, on 08 June 2024 - 08:01 PM, said:

Bet he?s got his patio heater on at least 😂

Def dont have one of those, just heating the atmosphere!

View PostPontePete, on 08 June 2024 - 08:46 PM, said:

I'm an accountant, so I wasnt going to risk owning an EV outright, its on a PCP so my losses are limited and less than my previous 2 cars would have been :) And not its not, its absolutely brilliant, it is a Jag after all.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#58 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 09:11 PM

View PostBlue roan lily, on 08 June 2024 - 08:51 PM, said:

Yep, folks like him tick the agenda box but when it comes to bite them in the old arse they get very defensive

Bite me arse? 22000 miles in, charge at home for about ?7, drive 220 miles plus on that, its 400hp, does 60 in less than 5 secs if you want, is refined and comfortable, drives like a Jag should.... and lets be honest, I've always pissed money up the wall on cars, they are my hobby. The EV follows an F90 M5 and an RS4 Audi, I wouldnt swap it for either, even knowing what I know now...

I'm just wondering what experience and knowledge you have on global warming / climate change other than looking at the sky...?
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#59 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 09:14 PM

View PostPontePete, on 08 June 2024 - 09:03 PM, said:

I?ve said it on here before, but David Bellamy is a classic example. Everyone?s favourite botanist and a very popular TV Presenter we all
grew up with. He called out the climate bollux for what it is, and was cancelled and virtually never seen on tv again.

Or was it that he got political and stood against Major?

Attenborough is pretty well thought of and he is a big believer in climate change being a human thing...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#60 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2024 - 09:18 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 08 June 2024 - 08:54 PM, said:

On the name change, see this...

https://science.nasa...global-warming/

On the data, are you saying you have seen the data and disagree with the findings, or you havent seen the data and how it was collected and therefore refuse to believe it? Pretty sure if its the latter the data around the arctic circle ice levels could be found in an academic study on line if you wanted to see it...

Some would say of course that without the data you cant disagree, you can only say you dont know... unless of course you dont really need data to reach your conclusions?
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users