• You cannot reply to this topic

Resign Gareth

#81 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2024 - 05:28 PM

RN Blue, on 22 June 2024 - 04:37 PM, said:

Any English manager with a pedigree in management with a bit of passion, tactical nous and not a bloke who had only 151 games as a manager in men's football and a win % a shade over 29% with 45 wins, 43 draws and 63 defeats.

Like who?

Osborne again, on 22 June 2024 - 05:01 PM, said:

Klop is an honorary Scouser so can we count him in?

Can?t imagine a worse appointment for a national side.

#82 User is online   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 22 June 2024 - 05:49 PM

Goku, on 22 June 2024 - 02:50 PM, said:

He?s done a fantastic job at building a good attitude and harmony in the squad, giving it a more club-like feel rather than a bunch of individuals like the old England squads. Unfortunately he is very, very poor tactically. We?ve seen this time and time again when it comes to important crunch matches deep into tournaments but now we?re even seeing it in the tournament group stages against Serbia and Denmark. We do not have a working press, our line of engagement begins when the opposition are 20 yards into our half, it?s absolutely shocking. We had a right back in midfield which he says is an experiment. Said right back has no targets to hit with his admittedly excellent passing range bar Saka. We then bring on Watkins, Eze and Bowen, players who could benefit from Trent?s passing and we take Trent off. We have Rice playing as a strict anchor man like he?s Makelele - he isn?t an anchor man, he is best running forward from midfield like more of an 8 which is what he does for Arsenal. We have Foden on the left who isn?t ever going to stretch play there because he wants to be central, occupying the same space Kane wants to occupy because Kane is a deep-lying forward. We have a right footed left back who has no intention of overlapping - if you?re going to use Foden on the left, you need a left footed full back overlapping.

It?s absolutely abysmal all round. Denmark had us absolutely sussed tactically. I?ve supported Southgate and thought he deserved one more chance but he is blowing it with his negative tactics and mindset. The Kalvin Phillips quote is an absolute belter. He?s quickly unravelling and saying stupid sh** in interviews when previously he?s been very logical and measured. We?ll probably nick a win on Tuesday and go out to first half decent team we play.

Top post lad
JRID

#83 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2024 - 08:35 PM

He?s done a fantastic job at building a good attitude and harmony in the squad, giving it a more club-like feel rather than a bunch of individuals like the old England squads. Unfortunately he is very, very poor tactically. We?ve seen this time and time again when it comes to important crunch matches deep into tournaments but now we?re even seeing it in the tournament group stages against Serbia and Denmark. We do not have a working press, our line of engagement begins when the opposition are 20 yards into our half, it?s absolutely shocking. We had a right back in midfield which he says is an experiment. Said right back has no targets to hit with his admittedly excellent passing range bar Saka. We then bring on Watkins, Eze and Bowen, players who could benefit from Trent?s passing and we take Trent off. We have Rice playing as a strict anchor man like he?s Makelele - he isn?t an anchor man, he is best running forward from midfield like more of an 8 which is what he does for Arsenal. We have Foden on the left who isn?t ever going to stretch play there because he wants to be central, occupying the same space Kane wants to occupy because Kane is a deep-lying forward. We have a right footed left back who has no intention of overlapping - if you?re going to use Foden on the left, you need a left footed full back overlapping.

It?s absolutely abysmal all round. Denmark had us absolutely sussed tactically. I?ve supported Southgate and thought he deserved one more chance but he is blowing it with his negative tactics and mindset. The Kalvin Phillips quote is an absolute belter. He?s quickly unravelling and saying stupid sh** in interviews when previously he?s been very logical and measured. We?ll probably nick a win on Tuesday and go out to first half decent team we play.

Nobody can argue with any of that
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#84 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 08:55 PM

Blue95, on 22 June 2024 - 08:35 PM, said:

Nobody can argue with any of that

If we go behind in games it will be very interesting to see his tactics.
God I hate this league.

#85 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 09:35 PM

This...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#86 User is offline   satnav 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2024 - 09:39 PM

The problem Southgate has got is that he has got very few players on the bench who have experience of coming off the bench and influencing matches. Rashford had a poor season for United but he has delivered numerous times when playing for England. Gordon, Bowen and Eze, Watkins and Toney have no experience of playing in tournaments for England. Madison would have been a much better pick than an injured Shaw.

#87 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 June 2024 - 06:59 AM

View Postsatnav, on 22 June 2024 - 09:39 PM, said:

The problem Southgate has got is that he has got very few players on the bench who have experience of coming off the bench and influencing matches. Rashford had a poor season for United but he has delivered numerous times when playing for England. Gordon, Bowen and Eze, Watkins and Toney have no experience of playing in tournaments for England. Madison would have been a much better pick than an injured Shaw.

It?s staggering that he?s actually took a player who hasn?t played for weeks on end due to injury, and if by some long shot he actually was available to play during the latter stages, yeah right, he?d be so far off the pace it?s unreal.
East stand second class citizen.

#88 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2024 - 08:21 AM

Southgate is clutching at any straw he can now lol

After saying that they havent really replaced a player that hasnt played well enough to consistently play in the Premier League all last season he is now saying the players might not actually be fit enough to play the pressing game that he actually wants

what is that all about when all the other teams look to be playing with spirit and energy and most of them contain players that have been playing in the Premier league as well

perhaps those players are lifted by the fact that they might be actually playing to WIN instead of playing not to LOSE

#89 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2024 - 08:44 AM

View Post1978blue, on 21 June 2024 - 02:14 PM, said:

His negative tactics cost us all the time that's why people are on his back. 1-0 up against Croatia in the semi final of 2018 and 1-0 up in the 2020 final v Italy and then Southgate and his negative tactics step in , we should have won both of those games without any problems. The same is happening again , we have world class players but a 2nd rate manager who hasn't got the balls to be brave and take chances.

Or playing players in positions that make the overall balance of the team better instead of trying to fit his favourite players into a system that stops us playing to our full potential

And of course when the players are interviewed we all know that they are going to come out with what they are supposed to say instead of what they probably really want to say about how Southgate is running the show

#90 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 23 June 2024 - 08:58 AM

calvin plummers socks, on 22 June 2024 - 05:28 PM, said:

Like who?

Can?t imagine a worse appointment for a national side.

Anyone that has better credentials than him ie Eddie Howe, Gary O'Neil, I'd even give Dyche a chance over Southgate

#91 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2024 - 09:29 AM

Eddie Howe lived on the back of having plenty to spend?.the so called Bournemouth fairytale was heavily back by a wealthy owner to the point of breaking FFP rules to get promoted to the prem.

#92 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 23 June 2024 - 10:30 AM

JonB, on 23 June 2024 - 09:29 AM, said:

Eddie Howe lived on the back of having plenty to spend?.the so called Bournemouth fairytale was heavily back by a wealthy owner to the point of breaking FFP rules to get promoted to the prem.

He'd snap your arms off for some of the English squad at the toon.

#93 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2024 - 10:44 AM

RN Blue, on 23 June 2024 - 10:30 AM, said:

He'd snap your arms off for some of the English squad at the toon.

Most brought in on the back, again, of wealthy backing. Didn?t even get European football with them.

#94 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2024 - 11:54 AM

RN Blue, on 23 June 2024 - 08:58 AM, said:

Anyone that has better credentials than him ie Eddie Howe, Gary O'Neil, I'd even give Dyche a chance over Southgate

Jesus

#95 User is offline   Osborne again 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2024 - 11:57 AM

DIFH, on 22 June 2024 - 08:55 PM, said:

If we go behind in games it will be very interesting to see his tactics.

He'll unleash the shackles until we're drawing and then go to lockdown mode once more.

#96 User is online   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2024 - 12:34 PM

JonB, on 23 June 2024 - 09:29 AM, said:

He transformed a relegation threatened Newcastle side into a top ten finishing side without spending much money
A new hope.

#97 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2024 - 02:54 PM

As a Welshman watching it?s clear that England tactically are a million miles off. Bear with me for this but they are similar to wales. Page and Southgate seem frightened of losing whereas this tournament in particular has seen teams going for it. As for your next manager, I can see the FA appointing Potter. Another safe pair of hands.

#98 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 June 2024 - 04:26 PM

Exharboroughspireite, on 23 June 2024 - 02:54 PM, said:

As a Welshman watching it?s clear that England tactically are a million miles off. Bear with me for this but they are similar to wales. Page and Southgate seem frightened of losing whereas this tournament in particular has seen teams going for it. As for your next manager, I can see the FA appointing Potter. Another safe pair of hands.

Another bore fest awaits if that?s the case

#99 User is offline   Osborne again 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2024 - 04:43 PM

Mr Mercury, on 23 June 2024 - 04:26 PM, said:

Another bore fest awaits if that?s the case

We'd be better off with Harry Potter. I don't want safe hands, I want attacking football from a squad capable of beating the best in world football. We have the players, we just need the manager.

#100 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2024 - 04:46 PM

Osborne again, on 23 June 2024 - 04:43 PM, said:

We'd be better off with Harry Potter. I don't want safe hands, I want attacking football from a squad capable of beating the best in world football. We have the players, we just need the manager.

I?m not sure if Klopp would be open to it after stating he wanted a year off but he obvious loves it where he is in the UK, loves the local and of course he wouldn?t be managing a club side. Match made in heaven if Klopp wants the less day to day hassle of management.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users