Dagenham Match Thread / Ulez Charge

#261 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2024 - 04:30 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 08 February 2024 - 04:17 PM, said:

Thanks for that Sammy,appreciated.

For some strange editing reason, Daggers TV doesn’t show the last seconds corner where they very nearly scored. However it’s worth going to National League TV where they have the full game available. Fast forward to the end, and perhaps you or someone who was there could tell me how we kept the ball out.
At one point, one of their players, who is on the line, is attempting to shepherd the ball into the goal, but a limb comes out from behind him and scoops the ball away. Who? How?

#262 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 08 February 2024 - 04:50 PM

Spireite93 said:

1707409006[/url]' post='1802427']
You know I think you are on to something here, I had an in depth discussion with someone who had watched the Eastleigh game on TV and thought we hadn't played particularly well, especially in the first half and the game could have gone the other way, however myself at the actual game thought they offered very little and we were comfortable throughout

But then Tuesday night, I was watching on TV and felt we didn't play very well at all, yet you who were there felt we dominated and like you say Webb thought the same.

I don't know what you don't see when watching on TV but you seem to lose how dominating we are in games and how, dare I say, easy it is

On TV you only see a narrow view, at the match you see the whole pitch and get the full perspective

#263 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:14 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 February 2024 - 04:30 PM, said:

For some strange editing reason, Daggers TV doesn’t show the last seconds corner where they very nearly scored. However it’s worth going to National League TV where they have the full game available. Fast forward to the end, and perhaps you or someone who was there could tell me how we kept the ball out.
At one point, one of their players, who is on the line, is attempting to shepherd the ball into the goal, but a limb comes out from behind him and scoops the ball away. Who? How?

Clements

#264 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:58 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 08 February 2024 - 06:14 PM, said:

Clements

Cheers. Good job he was holding the attacker as well.

#265 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 08 February 2024 - 07:26 PM

60s 70s Spireite said:

1707409805[/url]' post='1802431']
For some strange editing reason, Daggers TV doesn't show the last seconds corner where they very nearly scored. However it's worth going to National League TV where they have the full game available. Fast forward to the end, and perhaps you or someone who was there could tell me how we kept the ball out.

I saw the (brief) highlights and had the same reflection too. According to the post-match interview it was Bailey Hobson who stopped the ball from going over the line. We can only guess I suppose as the area was so packed at the time and the camera was out of focus. Either way it was a 2-point gainer 😄

#266 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:16 PM

View PostCum on u blues, on 08 February 2024 - 07:26 PM, said:

I saw the (brief) highlights and had the same reflection too. According to the post-match interview it was Bailey Hobson who stopped the ball from going over the line. We can only guess I suppose as the area was so packed at the time and the camera was out of focus. Either way it was a 2-point gainer 😄

It was definitely Clements

#267 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:34 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 08 February 2024 - 09:16 PM, said:

It was definitely Clements

Just seen the CFC highlights and yes it was.
East stand second class citizen.

#268 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2024 - 09:35 AM

Maybe this is the flip-side to the Oldham thing.

Last minute melee, ref' unsure what's happened, blows for full time to get out of there.

Either way we take it...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#269 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 01:17 PM

A couple of days since I looked at the highlights but I don’t remember seeing much of an appeal from any of their players.

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users