• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

National League Top Goalscorer

#41 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 03 August 2023 - 06:25 AM

The downer on Grigg is insane, especially before a ball has been kicked. Instead of looking at the goals scored column, I prefer to take a look at appearances… According to Transfer Markt, he was almost ever present in league 1 last season. If he was under performing, I’m pretty sure the manager would have stopped playing him - so I make a judgement there that he had a decent season.
League 1 is a huge step up from us, so seeing as though he was performing well in that league last year, I don’t get why people think he’s not good enough for the Nat league. Crazy.

#42 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 August 2023 - 07:27 AM

Dont forget that MK Dons got relegated, they only got 40 odd goals as a team let alone Grigg managing to get a load on his own.

#43 User is offline   Boggy 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2023 - 08:47 AM

View PostJonB, on 03 August 2023 - 07:27 AM, said:

Dont forget that MK Dons got relegated, they only got 40 odd goals as a team let alone Grigg managing to get a load on his own.

I've got a workmate / ex colleague who commentates on MK Dons' home games for MK hospital radio and unsighted "spectators" in the ground. I asked him about Grigg's performances last season and he was a bright spark in a terrible team. His supply was largely non-existent.

He'll be fine with our creativity. Put him down for 20-25 goals this season.

#44 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2023 - 02:18 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 03 August 2023 - 06:05 AM, said:

Any chance that we can let Grigg actually play in a competitive game before we all write him off? He needs our full support.

Rubbish, about time people posted positivity with somatic to back it up instead of form from half a decade ago.
God I hate this league.

#45 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 August 2023 - 02:34 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 03 August 2023 - 06:05 AM, said:

Any chance that we can let Grigg actually play in a competitive game before we all write him off? He needs our full support.

And spoil their fun? Some folk have to have a downer on someone or something, it’s how they live their lives.

Looking into Griggs’ recent past and saying that’s what we may have to accept is displaying a lack of a grasp of the game.

He hasn’t played a competitive game for us, he hasn’t had the likes of Mandeville, Bank, Dobra, Oldaker et al playing alongside him. Just because his recent goal return may not be the best, ( If it was he probably wouldn’t be wearing a town shirt come Saturday) it doesn’t mean he is doomed to fail. It’s the old “Glass half full” thing. Some folk like to be negative and miserable, some don’t.

Personally, I think Paul Cook will know how to play him and I trust and believe in him more than I do these glass half empty folk.

Get this, I’m also convinced Quigley may also have a decent season, who’d have thought it, eh?

#46 User is offline   Raddy01 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:00 PM

Oldham are about to announce James Norwood, which is an insane signing for the National League. He will go straight to the top of the bookies' lists, given he hit double figures in L1 last season for Barnsley.

This post has been edited by Raddy01: 03 August 2023 - 03:01 PM

#47 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:01 PM

View PostRaddy01, on 03 August 2023 - 03:00 PM, said:

Oldham are about to announce James Norwood, which is an insane signing for the National League. He will go straight to the top of the bookies' lists, given he hit double figures in L1 last season.

Very very good signing.

#48 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:06 PM

Oldham are about to announce James Norwood, which is an insane signing for the National League. He will go straight to the top of the bookies' lists, given he hit double figures in L1 last season for Barnsley.

He was meant to be off to Wrexham wasnt he?

#49 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:08 PM

View PostDIFH, on 03 August 2023 - 02:18 PM, said:

Rubbish, about time people posted positivity with somatic to back it up instead of form from half a decade ago.

Shut up you old fool. What’s his form been like for us? We don’t know yet. Give the lad a chance!

#50 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:08 PM

Oldham are about to announce James Norwood, which is an insane signing for the National League. He will go straight to the top of the bookies' lists, given he hit double figures in L1 last season.

Very very good signing.

#51 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:12 PM

View PostQuaker, on 03 August 2023 - 02:34 PM, said:

And spoil their fun? Some folk have to have a downer on someone or something, it’s how they live their lives.

Looking into Griggs’ recent past and saying that’s what we may have to accept is displaying a lack of a grasp of the game.

He hasn’t played a competitive game for us, he hasn’t had the likes of Mandeville, Bank, Dobra, Oldaker et al playing alongside him. Just because his recent goal return may not be the best, ( If it was he probably wouldn’t be wearing a town shirt come Saturday) it doesn’t mean he is doomed to fail. It’s the old “Glass half full” thing. Some folk like to be negative and miserable, some don’t.

Personally, I think Paul Cook will know how to play him and I trust and believe in him more than I do these glass half empty folk.

Get this, I’m also convinced Quigley may also have a decent season, who’d have thought it, eh?

Crikey, I completely agree with you.

#52 User is offline   Raddy01 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:14 PM

View PostJonB, on 03 August 2023 - 03:06 PM, said:

He was meant to be off to Wrexham wasnt he?

Yes, but he's been pictured at Boundary Park today in an Oldham shirt, looks like it was for his signing announcement. Barnsley fans are up in arms.

#53 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2023 - 03:37 PM

Silly season in full swing. Ridiculous signing

#54 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 03 August 2023 - 04:39 PM

View PostRaddy01, on 03 August 2023 - 03:14 PM, said:

Yes, but he's been pictured at Boundary Park today in an Oldham shirt, looks like it was for his signing announcement. Barnsley fans are up in arms.

He's been pushed out by Dallas signing for Barnsley!
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#55 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 14 August 2023 - 04:20 PM

Early days I know, but 6 of the top 20 are current or ex town players!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users