• You cannot reply to this topic

Added Time

#41 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 07 August 2023 - 05:38 PM

Is it still a rule that the goalkeeper should release the ball after 6 seconds, if so a great opportunity for the Kop to wind up the opposing keeper by starting a count to remind the ref of the rule
Have passport will travel

#42 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2023 - 05:57 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 August 2023 - 05:03 PM, said:

When was it 80 minutes? Is that a mad up fact? It was 48 minutes actual game time League Two last season. Given the it dropped division by division and knowing the antics in this league it is unlikely to he higher in the NL.

Who said it was a fact? That’s why it said ‘about’ 80 minutes.

The point, as I’m sure you’re quite aware, is that in yester year the games gone from actually being played for the vast majority of the 90 minutes to very little.

You actually support the notion that by adding on 6 and 14 minutes on Saturday isn’t going to cause the players injury as they’re only actually playing just over a half in the first place

#43 User is offline   sky is blue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 07:03 PM

View PostHalf Full, on 07 August 2023 - 09:08 AM, said:

I like the idea that scoreboards can show added time. Does it apply to our league?

Whether it applies in our league or not,I think we should show the added time, our scoreboard is modern enough to do it and it's only fair to the paying customers, it might also help with our blood pressure at the end of games

#44 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 07:11 PM

View Postsky is blue, on 07 August 2023 - 07:03 PM, said:

Whether it applies in our league or not,I think we should show the added time, our scoreboard is modern enough to do it and it's only fair to the paying customers, it might also help with our blood pressure at the end of games

I suppose it’s what the NL rules currently state. Previously, like all the top leagues, clubs were forbidden from showing added time passing. Hence all clocks stopped at 90 minutes.

#45 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 August 2023 - 07:40 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 07 August 2023 - 05:57 PM, said:

Who said it was a fact? That’s why it said ‘about’ 80 minutes.

The point, as I’m sure you’re quite aware, is that in yester year the games gone from actually being played for the vast majority of the 90 minutes to very little.

You actually support the notion that by adding on 6 and 14 minutes on Saturday isn’t going to cause the players injury as they’re only actually playing just over a half in the first place

Games have never had 80 minutes of actual playing time, ever.

Longer games = more fatigue and injuries. It can’t be anything other.

#46 User is offline   Alice Cooper 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Chesterfield Football Club,
    The Apollo moon landings,
    Military aircraft,
    Annoying my wife.

Posted 07 August 2023 - 07:42 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 07 August 2023 - 05:38 PM, said:

Is it still a rule that the goalkeeper should release the ball after 6 seconds, if so a great opportunity for the Kop to wind up the opposing keeper by starting a count to remind the ref of the rule

Yes BS the 6 second rule still applies. The law states that if a goalkeeper holds on to the ball for longer than 6 seconds an indirect freekick should be awarded to the opposition.
Until I'm 6 feet under baby I don't need a bed
Gonna live while I'm alive I'll sleep when I'm dead

#47 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 07 August 2023 - 08:13 PM

View Postsky is blue, on 07 August 2023 - 07:03 PM, said:

I end up putting bet365 on for the time at the end of games when there's a goal in it or we're drawing
Here we go again!

#48 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2023 - 11:03 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 August 2023 - 07:40 PM, said:

Games have never had 80 minutes of actual playing time, ever.

Longer games = more fatigue and injuries. It can’t be anything other.

I assume you’re quoting facts.

#49 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 08 August 2023 - 06:08 AM

View PostValley Blues, on 07 August 2023 - 11:03 PM, said:

I assume you’re quoting facts.

You could disagree but you would be wrong. I'm all for you being wrong if that's your stance, we all have to be now and again.

#50 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 06:25 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 08 August 2023 - 06:08 AM, said:

You could disagree but you would be wrong. I'm all for you being wrong if that's your stance, we all have to be now and again.

Some facts here:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61342349
No sign of 80 minutes ball in play, even in the top league. In fact, in the grand scheme of things, its hardly changed- at c.55 minutes across the PL, give or take 90 seconds.

#51 User is offline   Cfc4me 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2023 - 06:38 AM

I think where a manager sees a player tiring on 60 minutes say, will now have to think whether to get another 10 out of him / her before coming off.

I also think that if fatigue is used to justify 5 subs in the prem, then it should also be allowed in the lower leagues with players working on a building site all week.

#52 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 07:19 AM

Another new change, not sure if it’s been mentioned on here, but if a player has to be treated by the physio, he has to wait 30 seconds before he can come back on. Explains why there seemed to be an undue wait before players were reintroduced. Not sure anyone near me knew that was why. I certainly didn’t.

#53 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 07:23 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 August 2023 - 07:19 AM, said:

Another new change, not sure if it’s been mentioned on here, but if a player has to be treated by the physio, he has to wait 30 seconds before he can come back on. Explains why there seemed to be an undue wait before players were reintroduced. Not sure anyone near me knew that was why. I certainly didn’t.

Also noticed, although it could have changed a while ago, when Dobra got flattened by Cook for his first yellow and the Dobra had treatment he didnt have to go off the pitch. In the past the stupid rule meant that you could have an attacking free kick but be a man short if they've had treatment. On Saturday Dobra had treatment then ran over in to the penalty box and had a go at Cook.

#54 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 07:25 AM

View PostJonB, on 08 August 2023 - 07:23 AM, said:

Also noticed, although it could have changed a while ago, when Dobra got flattened by Cook for his first yellow and the Dobra had treatment he didnt have to go off the pitch. In the past the stupid rule meant that you could have an attacking free kick but be a man short if they've had treatment. On Saturday Dobra had treatment then ran over in to the penalty box and had a go at Cook.

Yes, I recall that. That’s one change for the better.

#55 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 07:34 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 August 2023 - 07:25 AM, said:

Yes, I recall that. That’s one change for the better.

Definitely. It was always ridiculous that you ended up at a disadvantage after a foul.

#56 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2023 - 08:40 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 August 2023 - 06:25 AM, said:

Some facts here:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61342349
No sign of 80 minutes ball in play, even in the top league. In fact, in the grand scheme of things, its hardly changed- at c.55 minutes across the PL, give or take 90 seconds.

You’re correct, nowhere near 80 minutes.

However you’re picking a single season, last season.

Accepted still not 80 minutes but you only have to go back a decade to see Man Utd averaging over 71 minutes with the ball in play. Significantly more than you’re quoted 55 minutes or so.

I’ve obviously over-egged the 80 minutes but the point is still more than valid.

Bottom line is, folk are suggesting players are going to get injured because they’re forced to ‘play’ longer when in fact they’re not even getting an hour in. It’s getting lower and lower and the added time is not on top of the game time it’s to actually bring the game time to an accepted level.

Stop pausing the game and having unnecesssry breaks in play and the stoppage time comes back down.

#57 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 08:45 AM

View PostHalf Full, on 07 August 2023 - 11:10 AM, said:

Absolutely agree. Need to think bigger as league has changed from part time semi professional outfits. Seem to remember a suggestion that five subs limit is in some part a reflection on some clubs having small squads.

This league has, but the national league also includes the north and south which is still very much part time with crowds in the hundreds.

As for the time wasting thing - it won’t stop it. Eastleigh BW Solihull use it to disrupt play to stop opponents getting any momentum as much as to run down the clock. Make games scrappy, niggle opponents, disrupt play, hassle refs and nick something in the break, from a free kick or corner.
A new hope.

#58 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 08:46 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 07 August 2023 - 04:51 PM, said:

Do you have any evidence of this statement of fact that you endlessly repeat?

Well,this could have been discussed over one of many coffee invites, if you'd had the curtesy to reply.

However having got over the irony of the man(?) who has failed to answer many posters requests to justify his ITK posts making a similar request. Here goes with a couple of facts:-

1/ I sit behind the dugouts and observe the shenanigans and instructions issued to players and medical staff. 3-4 years ago the likes of Dover, Ebbsfleet and the 2 B's from London were comical to watch in their attempts to stop/slow down the game Soilyhull less so, as they were more professional in their approach having obviously spent more time practicing these 'arts'. The soilyhull well practised approach is now becoming more common place and something we will have to endure this season as inadequare coaches will struggle to cope with us in a pure footballing sense.

2/ Your good mate (well you did allegedly work for him FOC) Garrard went on public record bragging as though it was common practice that he told ashmore when BW were under the cosh to go down so he could get treatment and Garrard could give instructions to his players. A little unfortunate for Joe Rowley who was running the show at the time and was immediately taken out of the game and unfortunately a much longer period.

There, a couple of facts. I await your educated response once again.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#59 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 08:54 AM

View PostValley Blues, on 08 August 2023 - 08:40 AM, said:

You’re correct, nowhere near 80 minutes.

However you’re picking a single season, last season.

Accepted still not 80 minutes but you only have to go back a decade to see Man Utd averaging over 71 minutes with the ball in play. Significantly more than you’re quoted 55 minutes or so.

I’ve obviously over-egged the 80 minutes but the point is still more than valid.

Bottom line is, folk are suggesting players are going to get injured because they’re forced to ‘play’ longer when in fact they’re not even getting an hour in. It’s getting lower and lower and the added time is not on top of the game time it’s to actually bring the game time to an accepted level.

Stop pausing the game and having unnecesssry breaks in play and the stoppage time comes back down.

I think being within earshot of the Dorking manager at this moment in time would be very interesting. He's had one match to assimilate what's going on and he's very astute. The more a match goes on, the less likely he is to get points from it. What's his best way to minimize the minutes?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#60 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2023 - 09:00 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 08 August 2023 - 08:46 AM, said:

Well,this could have been discussed over one of many coffee invites, if you'd had the curtesy to reply.

However having got over the irony of the man(?) who has failed to answer many posters requests to justify his ITK posts making a similar request. Here goes with a couple of facts:-

1/ I sit behind the dugouts and observe the shenanigans and instructions issued to players and medical staff. 3-4 years ago the likes of Dover, Ebbsfleet and the 2 B's from London were comical to watch in their attempts to stop/slow down the game Soilyhull less so, as they were more professional in their approach having obviously spent more time practicing these 'arts'. The soilyhull well practised approach is now becoming more common place and something we will have to endure this season as inadequare coaches will struggle to cope with us in a pure footballing sense.

2/ Your good mate (well you did allegedly work for him FOC) Garrard went on public record bragging as though it was common practice that he told ashmore when BW were under the cosh to go down so he could get treatment and Garrard could give instructions to his players. A little unfortunate for Joe Rowley who was running the show at the time and was immediately taken out of the game and unfortunately a much longer period.

There, a couple of facts. I await your educated response once again.

Those aren’t facts though.
You seem to think everyone not at Town is either corrupt/ unprofessional/ unqualified etc (players/staff/match officials).
I really fail to see why you watch the game if it gives you so much angst?

Why do you spell Solihull like that?

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users