• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

National League Tv

#1 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2023 - 04:11 PM

I know that most of you are looking forward to the live, in-person action but has anyone seen any news on the National League TV plans for this season? I went to see if the season ticket for overseas fans was available yet, seeing as how we're only a few days from kick-off. The only thing there to buy so far is a random friendly between Chelmsford City and Arsenal. That's amazing value for 9.99 of anyone's money right there ( :o ), but not what I was looking for.

I suppose that the fact that the site still exists and seems to be streaming something is good news but I would have thought that they'd be ready to take my money by now. The whole thing will probably be closed down by Christmas without the bizarre Wrexham hype to sustain them
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

#2 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 04:27 PM

They announced it will be live for NLN and NLS this season so I suspect nothing has changed for our division.

#3 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• World Champions 1934*1938** 1982***2006****
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 04:34 PM

View PostCosmo Kramer, on 01 August 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

I know that most of you are looking forward to the live, in-person action but has anyone seen any news on the National League TV plans for this season? I went to see if the season ticket for overseas fans was available yet, seeing as how we're only a few days from kick-off. The only thing there to buy so far is a random friendly between Chelmsford City and Arsenal. That's amazing value for 9.99 of anyone's money right there ( :o ), but not what I was looking for.

I suppose that the fact that the site still exists and seems to be streaming something is good news but I would have thought that they'd be ready to take my money by now. The whole thing will probably be closed down by Christmas without the bizarre Wrexham hype to sustain them

Get a firestick 👌😎😎
World Champions 1934 1938 1982 2006 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Euro Champions 1968” 2020”

#4 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 01 August 2023 - 05:14 PM

View PostFORZA AZZURRI, on 01 August 2023 - 04:34 PM, said:

Get a firestick 👌😎😎

Are they stopping it read they were closing the loophole not saying they are or can just what I read ?
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#5 User is offline   Doreets 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 August 2023 - 05:23 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 01 August 2023 - 05:14 PM, said:

Are they stopping it read they were closing the loophole not saying they are or can just what I read ?

Next to impossible, if Netflix can't pull it off I doubt the national league could especially with their strong penchant for not being able to arrange a urine up in a brewery

#6 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 05:33 PM

View PostFORZA AZZURRI, on 01 August 2023 - 04:34 PM, said:

Get a firestick 👌😎😎

If I wanted to nick the content then I'm sure I could find a way. This is one of the only ways that I have to put money in to the club so I'd rather do that if at all possible

#7 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 01 August 2023 - 05:36 PM

View PostCosmo Kramer, on 01 August 2023 - 05:33 PM, said:

If I wanted to nick the content then I'm sure I could find a way. This is one of the only ways that I have to put money in to the club so I'd rather do that if at all possible

if its not available get a firestick & also buy some merch or shares from the club so they get some of your £££ (or rather $$$)

#8 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:23 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 01 August 2023 - 05:36 PM, said:

if its not available get a firestick & also buy some merch or shares from the club so they get some of your £££ (or rather $$$)

If it's not available on NLTV it won't be available with a firestick
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#9 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:24 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 01 August 2023 - 05:14 PM, said:

As one closes another opens
You need I p tv ….

#10 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:31 PM

Looks like live games are on according to the website

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/

#11 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 01 August 2023 - 07:09 PM

Games are scheduled to be on, just that you can’t buy a season pass as yet.

#12 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 August 2023 - 07:26 PM

Cosmo Kramer said:

1690906279[/url]' post='1758411']

I’m waiting too….and not many days til the start. I agree with other posters the NL is amateurish in the extreme. If they intend to offer coverage to overseas fans they might even limit us to a half-season pass in December like last year but the OTT £9.99 for a friendly between Chelmsford and an Arsenal teenage team gives me the impression that they’re going to milk us this year on pay per game. Don’t agree with the fire stick option, sorry. In the main the coverage was great from all the grounds last season and I especially appreciated the coverage from our Woking rivals who were entertaining, knowledgeable and totally neutral. The thought of 1866 for every game…

#13 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 01 August 2023 - 08:06 PM

Watch them on a Firestick and send me a tenner each home game and I’ll buy 10 50/50s.

#14 User is offline   Cosmo Kramer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2023 - 08:18 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 August 2023 - 08:06 PM, said:

Watch them on a Firestick and send me a tenner each home game and I’ll buy 10 50/50s.

What a kind offer

#15 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 02 August 2023 - 06:47 AM

View PostCosmo Kramer, on 01 August 2023 - 08:18 PM, said:

What a kind offer

The club would make £5 from you, probably not dissimilar to what they would make off the sale of a legitimate stream sale. You have your conscience clear and maybe win a few quid too.

#16 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 02 August 2023 - 07:34 AM

View PostCum on u blues, on 01 August 2023 - 07:26 PM, said:

I’m waiting too….and not many days til the start. I agree with other posters the NL is amateurish in the extreme. If they intend to offer coverage to overseas fans they might even limit us to a half-season pass in December like last year but the OTT £9.99 for a friendly between Chelmsford and an Arsenal teenage team gives me the impression that they’re going to milk us this year on pay per game. Don’t agree with the fire stick option, sorry. In the main the coverage was great from all the grounds last season and I especially appreciated the coverage from our Woking rivals who were entertaining, knowledgeable and totally neutral. The thought of 1866 for every game…

The Woking away match was on BT Sports.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#17 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 07:56 AM

I’ll be watching the Dorking game poolside in Mexico on Saturday, just hoping the internet is decent enough to be able to do so. I was a bit sceptical to say the least when they brought this in last season but it doesn’t seem to have had much affect on attendances so maybe I was wrong. I rarely go to aways nowadays so being able to still watch them without having to leave the house is a real bonus.

#18 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 10:56 AM

I think the national league tv was really pushed by the Hollywood lot last year, the fact 3 days before the season starts there's no info on packages is laughable.

A lot of people used it last year especially for Tuesday night games but I guess no-one likes money :-/

#19 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 02 August 2023 - 11:07 AM

View Postmonte, on 02 August 2023 - 10:56 AM, said:

I think the national league tv was really pushed by the Hollywood lot last year, the fact 3 days before the season starts there's no info on packages is laughable.

A lot of people used it last year especially for Tuesday night games but I guess no-one likes money :-/

I had a mess about yesterday and if you log in from a UK location then you see a list of non Saturday games that are scheduled to be available but no option to buy anything. If you use a VPN to show as being outside the UK then Saturday games appear but again there is no option to buy anything either individual game or season pass. Games will definitely be on, its just a case of the league getting a move on to allow folk to buy things.

This news article on the league website from the 18th July is about them adding NLN and NLS games to the service after trialling last season and the last bit says :-

More details about how to purchase an NLTV Match Pass will be released before the start of the 2023/24 Vanarama National League season on Saturday 5 August.

Seems they are cutting that fine with the announcement!!

This post has been edited by JonB: 02 August 2023 - 11:08 AM

#20 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2023 - 12:32 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 02 August 2023 - 07:56 AM, said:

I’ll be watching the Dorking game poolside in Mexico on Saturday, just hoping the internet is decent enough to be able to do so. I was a bit sceptical to say the least when they brought this in last season but it doesn’t seem to have had much affect on attendances so maybe I was wrong. I rarely go to aways nowadays so being able to still watch them without having to leave the house is a real bonus.

Yep similar, hoping to watch the Dorking game from France. My first in person game will be Fylde away
Hater of all things Scab!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users