• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pre-Match Songs

#1 User is offline   1866town 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 June 2023 - 04:22 PM

Might be a bit of a random one and not sure if I am on my own in thinking this, but there has to be a better way to create an atmosphere pre-match? Some of the song choices of late are very poor, music stays on too long when we are singing and makes it difficult to hear the fans. Would be good to nail down one song as the players are coming out to create a decent atmosphere? Mr Blue Sky im not sure is the one...

#2 User is offline   Kop Since 1958 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 June 2023 - 05:03 PM

Do you mean that they play music / songs - and do they actually announce the starting eleven and tell us goal scorers / substitutions etc too?

NOT IN THE SOUTH STAND THEY DON'T!

The P.A. has been poor, or nom-existent, for the last season at least. It is an amplifier problem which the Club is well aware of, but seem either unable or unwilling to do anything about.

On a serious note, if there were an emergency and the Club had to give out safety instructions to two thousand customers in the South Stand - they simply would not be heard!

#3 User is offline   To the Winchester 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2023 - 05:11 PM

Thought for a bit that town should start off we are sailing before a game, much like the way Sheffield United start off their pre game song. Play the first bit of the song and then cut it out for the fans to sing.

#4 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2023 - 06:06 PM

View Post1866town, on 23 June 2023 - 04:22 PM, said:

Might be a bit of a random one and not sure if I am on my own in thinking this, but there has to be a better way to create an atmosphere pre-match? Some of the song choices of late are very poor, music stays on too long when we are singing and makes it difficult to hear the fans. Would be good to nail down one song as the players are coming out to create a decent atmosphere? Mr Blue Sky im not sure is the one...

Bin the drum

#5 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2023 - 06:10 PM

View PostTo the Winchester, on 23 June 2023 - 05:11 PM, said:

Thought for a bit that town should start off we are sailing before a game, much like the way Sheffield United start off their pre game song. Play the first bit of the song and then cut it out for the fans to sing.

I agree but don't quote my hated team, reference something like Wolves with Hi Oh Silver Lining

This post has been edited by SALTERGATE: 23 June 2023 - 06:11 PM

#6 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 23 June 2023 - 06:30 PM

View PostKop Since 1958, on 23 June 2023 - 05:03 PM, said:

Do you mean that they play music / songs - and do they actually announce the starting eleven and tell us goal scorers / substitutions etc too?

NOT IN THE SOUTH STAND THEY DON'T!

The P.A. has been poor, or nom-existent, for the last season at least. It is an amplifier problem which the Club is well aware of, but seem either unable or unwilling to do anything about.

On a serious note, if there were an emergency and the Club had to give out safety instructions to two thousand customers in the South Stand - they simply would not be heard!

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as turning up the volume or just changing the speakers. It has been raised via the Supporters Forum and has been answered too.
It isn't a quick or easy fix, but it will be done as soon as is possible.

http://www.thecfss.c...0

#7 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2023 - 09:55 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 June 2023 - 06:30 PM, said:

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as turning up the volume or just changing the speakers. It has been raised via the Supporters Forum and has been answered too.

I was once commissioned by a fairly large football club to improve the atmosphere at their home games. Specifically to do what a senior person at the club had already decided needed doing to improve the atmosphere.

The person's plan was to get loads of schoolkids down to the club in the school holidays so that they could learn crowd songs. The plan was that the kids would start off the songs during quiet parts of games. The person thought that the kids singing would spread to other parts of the stadium.

I outlined what I thought were some of problems with the plan including that the club's songs generally weren't suitable for kids, the kids would need to be at the games which would need the club to give them seats to all of the games with their families, the kids and their families would need to sit together, someone would be needed to start the kids and families singing, lots of high pitched voices would be likely to sound rubbish and be ridiculed and so on. The person was unmoveable on the crazy idea. As it turned out it wasn't possible to overcome the logistical challenge of getting kids to the ground in the holidays to learn the songs as the dates all clashed with pitch work and other stuff...

The person's Plan B to improve the crowd noise during games was to display the words to a few of the club's songs along the electronic advertising around the pitch during games. I'm told that this happened during a few games. The words would scroll around the advertising boarding. I was subsequently told that the general view of the fans was that it was embarrassing.

I did quietly suggest that if the team played more exciting football the problem would be likely to sort itself. They didn't and it didn't.

No names; no pack drill.

This post has been edited by dart in the crossbar: 23 June 2023 - 09:55 PM

#8 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2023 - 09:58 PM

View PostSALTERGATE, on 23 June 2023 - 06:10 PM, said:

I agree but don't quote my hated team, reference something like Wolves with Hi Oh Silver Lining

erm... Hi ho silver lining...that's also used by the other Sheffield team

#9 User is offline   Cfc4me 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2023 - 05:58 AM

Time for an upbeat song written in this millennium to run out to for me. Maybe even a brand new song from a local band

#10 User is offline   Scooby Doo 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2023 - 07:22 AM

View Post1866town, on 23 June 2023 - 04:22 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with Mr Blue Sky and Sandstorm. The football club just needs to improve the PA system so it can be boomed out loud.

I'm not a big fan of Sailing but it's good at the end of a game if we've thrashed the opponents.

This post has been edited by Scooby Doo: 24 June 2023 - 07:25 AM

Onwards & Upwards!

#11 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 24 June 2023 - 07:23 AM

View PostCfc4me, on 24 June 2023 - 05:58 AM, said:

Time for an upbeat song written in this millennium to run out to for me. Maybe even a brand new song from a local band

I dare say that would significantly reduce the options, as few would appropriate and unlikely to sound good when sung. The reason older songs work is that they tend to be slower tempo and easier tunes to sing.

I like the sailing idea, just play the intro and then let the crowd take over, or we all learn the lyrics properly and not just the chorus and sing along to the song.

#12 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 24 June 2023 - 07:33 AM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 23 June 2023 - 09:55 PM, said:

I was once commissioned by a fairly large football club to improve the atmosphere at their home games. Specifically to do what a senior person at the club had already decided needed doing to improve the atmosphere.

The person's plan was to get loads of schoolkids down to the club in the school holidays so that they could learn crowd songs. The plan was that the kids would start off the songs during quiet parts of games. The person thought that the kids singing would spread to other parts of the stadium.

I outlined what I thought were some of problems with the plan including that the club's songs generally weren't suitable for kids, the kids would need to be at the games which would need the club to give them seats to all of the games with their families, the kids and their families would need to sit together, someone would be needed to start the kids and families singing, lots of high pitched voices would be likely to sound rubbish and be ridiculed and so on. The person was unmoveable on the crazy idea. As it turned out it wasn't possible to overcome the logistical challenge of getting kids to the ground in the holidays to learn the songs as the dates all clashed with pitch work and other stuff...

The person's Plan B to improve the crowd noise during games was to display the words to a few of the club's songs along the electronic advertising around the pitch during games. I'm told that this happened during a few games. The words would scroll around the advertising boarding. I was subsequently told that the general view of the fans was that it was embarrassing.

I did quietly suggest that if the team played more exciting football the problem would be likely to sort itself. They didn't and it didn't.

No names; no pack drill.

With the main aim of the Supporters forum being to improve the match day experience of fans, both home and away, please feel free to email any suggestions to [email protected] . Hopefully the team will take care of the exciting football on the pitch 😉

Anyone can email suggestions for the music or food or anything else that could potentially improve everyone's experience.

I'd suggest as well if anyone has any issues that arise when in contact with the club or at the club (match day or not), don't just moan about it on here or Facebook etc, email so something can be done about it. On the flip side of that, if anyone has any good/exceptional feedback, also email that so it can be feed back to the club.

#13 User is offline   To the Winchester 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2023 - 07:39 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 24 June 2023 - 07:33 AM, said:

With the main aim of the Supporters forum being to improve the match day experience of fans, both home and away, please feel free to email any suggestions to [email protected] . Hopefully the team will take care of the exciting football on the pitch 😉

Anyone can email suggestions for the music or food or anything else that could potentially improve everyone's experience.

I'd suggest as well if anyone has any issues that arise when in contact with the club or at the club (match day or not), don't just moan about it on here or Facebook etc, email so something can be done about it. On the flip side of that, if anyone has any good/exceptional feedback, also email that so it can be feed back to the club.

Another post trying to make this "fans forum" relevant. Starting to feel like a spam advert.

You're on here as much as anybody. I'm sure you can pass any opinions on.

#14 User is online   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 24 June 2023 - 07:46 AM

View PostTo the Winchester, on 24 June 2023 - 07:39 AM, said:

Another post trying to make this "fans forum" relevant. Starting to feel like a spam advert.

Follow the proper channels. Posted Image
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#15 User is offline   Cfc4me 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2023 - 08:00 AM

I think the fans forum is a great link between the fans and the board.

As for raising suggestions however, I think this forum allows us to share an idea and see how well it's likely to be received, much quicker than waiting for the fans forum. In other words there's no point emailing a suggestion that 90% on here already think is a bad idea.

I think the 2 forums work hand in hand

#16 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 June 2023 - 08:42 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 June 2023 - 06:30 PM, said:

I'm surprised it's not getting to the stage that its inadequacy becomes a stadium licensing issue. If safety announcements cannot be made audibly it's a potential danger.

#17 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2023 - 08:50 AM

Another decent advert for the good work of the CFC Supporters Forum but as the fairly large football club with electronic signage surrounding the pitch wasn't Town, I didn't contact the CFC forum about it.

#18 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 24 June 2023 - 09:22 AM

Sorry, but that’s just plain lazy, shows the contempt you have for the forum, and to me shows how bothered you might really be about the opinions you have - good or bad - about the club. I fully support what Valemadness is saying. If you want change then don’t hide behind others, don’t expect others to do your bidding. If it’s important to you then raise it yourself and take some responsibility.

#19 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 24 June 2023 - 09:23 AM

Is the speaker system on outside contract ? Someone told me it is a company near Dronfield ?
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#20 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 24 June 2023 - 11:23 AM

The problem is, I can tell the club that I've seen people complaining about not getting reply emails/phone calls, but all they will say is that they've not received any complaints. By people actually individually emailing in, then it can't be ignored and something should get done. It then helps everyone else. The supporters forum is about giving the fans a direct link back to the club again. It's something we haven't had for years.
It's about engaging with fans. It's the close season and it's fairly quiet. Everyone has their views on what is good and bad on matchdays, surely it's the best time to ask for people for their opinions so that feedback can be passed to the club and maybe improvements done in time for the start of the season.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users