Spain

#21 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 27 June 2024 - 10:05 PM

metallilad, on 27 June 2024 - 09:34 PM, said:

Amazing! You express an opinion and it's called debating. People express theirs against you and they're lemmings who blindly follow the flow.

Ok, so you want to debate?
What makes you think that the Kirks are being so blind that they are letting Cooky use up too much budget on backroom staff instead of the team?
What makes you think that going on a pre season training camp to Spain is a bad thing when last season they did it and for a number of seasons prior to Cooky's arrival they have been doing it?
Why now? Why are you expressing an opinion about it now?
Everything you post is aimed at Cooky with side swipes, it always has been like that since he came back so that is why the replies you're getting are more to do with swipes at you rather than any debate on topics.
Maybe if you laid off with the Cooky bashing and seriously took the opportunity to look at his managerial record you would actually see that he is a bloody good manager that gets results. If you don't think he's good enough and should be criticized for everything he does then you're setting yourself up every time for the replies you get. Simple really.

That covers it for me also.

#22 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 27 June 2024 - 10:08 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 27 June 2024 - 09:44 PM, said:

In the first 5 days back in the EFL we?ll have 9500 for the home game and a share of 15000 for the cup game

The increase in revenue is massive

At the last AGM the Kirk?s said that the initial financial benefits of promotion back to the EFL could be somewhere between ?1 and ?1.5M, but after looking at the figures again and the new tv deal it could be as much as ?2M.
East stand second class citizen.

#23 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 27 June 2024 - 11:05 PM

metallilad, on 27 June 2024 - 09:34 PM, said:

Amazing! You express an opinion and it's called debating. People express theirs against you and they're lemmings who blindly follow the flow.

Ok, so you want to debate?
What makes you think that the Kirks are being so blind that they are letting Cooky use up too much budget on backroom staff instead of the team?
What makes you think that going on a pre season training camp to Spain is a bad thing when last season they did it and for a number of seasons prior to Cooky's arrival they have been doing it?
Why now? Why are you expressing an opinion about it now?
Everything you post is aimed at Cooky with side swipes, it always has been like that since he came back so that is why the replies you're getting are more to do with swipes at you rather than any debate on topics.
Maybe if you laid off with the Cooky bashing and seriously took the opportunity to look at his managerial record you would actually see that he is a bloody good manager that gets results. If you don't think he's good enough and should be criticized for everything he does then you're setting yourself up every time for the replies you get. Simple really.

Completely agree. Anyone who posts negative tripe before a ball has been kicked is clearly just stirring and attention-seeking. The fact that our long-term resident whingeing stirrer is the only poster to agree with him is very revealing.

#24 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 28 June 2024 - 04:26 AM

Cum on u blues, on 27 June 2024 - 08:15 PM, said:

Exactly. It was only a personal opinion but straight away the wolves were out. Don?t get me wrong, I hope my assessment is wrong but the pressure is on to deliver big style in this league with what has been spent.

PS I?m a fan but not a lemming

Predictable once again, my little yellow friend. Feel free to keep on building that pressure on Cook so that when we?re 5th by October and not top you can scream for his head - we all see through you mate.
Also, anyone who?s actually keeping a close eye on the league?s signings will see at least 4 other clubs spending far bigger than we are so far - low playoff battle is the expectation to be set.

#25 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2024 - 04:29 AM

Cum on u blues, on 27 June 2024 - 07:28 PM, said:

Forgive me for being a killjoy but why does the squad need to go to Spain to start training ? The Ashleys have already put a lot of money in to update the training facilities so it just smacks of wasting resources imo.

They?ve already invested big sums to start the season on a good footing in terms of transfers in. it?s not my money but are they losing a bit of reason ?

The number of coaches per player is starting to ring bells in my ears too for an L2 club. I just hope it?s not just a milking of resources unnecessarily.

On the other hand it just adds pressure on the management to deliver. Given what?s been invested pre-season and the signings there?s little room for man?uvre for not getting into L1 in my opinion if you compare us with other clubs in the division.

Whether they?re fans or not they must have a threshold of failure or blind faith. Time will tell

What a dick FFS!! Someone?s bored

#26 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2024 - 05:39 AM

Search & Destroy, on 27 June 2024 - 09:44 PM, said:

In the first 5 days back in the EFL we?ll have 9500 for the home game and a share of 15000 for the cup game

There will not be 15000 at Derby. They are not impressed with the draw.

#27 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2024 - 05:42 AM

Walton Spireite, on 28 June 2024 - 05:39 AM, said:

There will not be 15000 at Derby. They are not impressed with the draw.

There will be. Easily

#28 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 28 June 2024 - 05:44 AM

The players have spoken extensively about how beneficial last Summer?s pre-season training camp was for them. OP has no idea how much this trip has cost but is using it as a stick to beat the club with. We have a couple of oil-rich Kirk?s, a few quid spent on something like this pre-season is money well spent, I?m sure everybody at the club (you know, the people whose opinions actually matter) would agree.

As metallilad correctly points out, OP is constantly sniping at the club despite our fantastic recent success and using the old faithful ?I just went to debate bro!!? line of reason as an excuse to get his digs in. Nah mate, what you want to do is make controversial posts which you know are going to get people responding defending the club and then you get to act like the victim when one or two say your opinions are sh**e. ?They don?t want to debate me! I?m a fan but I?m not a lemming!? - recognising the club?s recent success and putting faith in our successful leadership teams at football management level and board level isn?t being a lemming, I?d say it?s more recognising the talent and ability we have and being relaxed in terms of our near future and potential success. No point worrying about our players spending some time in Spain. If you want to worry about number of staff, why don?t you do some research and compare the number of back room staff other clubs in the league have and compare it with ours? Let us know and we can review. Eagerly anticipating your response - after all, you want to debate.

#29 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 June 2024 - 06:40 AM

He's definitely a mass debater.

#30 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2024 - 06:59 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 27 June 2024 - 08:18 PM, said:

Are these interviews ever advertised anywhere?

Yes on the other Social Media Networks, Facebook, X and 1866 Sport & Youtube Shorts

#31 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 28 June 2024 - 06:59 AM

Walton Spireite, on 27 June 2024 - 07:41 PM, said:

I would agree that the number of backroom staff seems excessive for this level. At the end of the day this will eat into Wages & Salaries budget.

Who would you get rid of? The kit man? The physio?

#32 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 28 June 2024 - 07:02 AM

Forgive me for being a killjoy but why does the squad need to go to Spain to start training ? The Ashleys have already put a lot of money in to update the training facilities so it just smacks of wasting resources imo.

They?ve already invested big sums to start the season on a good footing in terms of transfers in. it?s not my money but are they losing a bit of reason ?

The number of coaches per player is starting to ring bells in my ears too for an L2 club. I just hope it?s not just a milking of resources unnecessarily.

On the other hand it just adds pressure on the management to deliver. Given what?s been invested pre-season and the signings there?s little room for man?uvre for not getting into L1 in my opinion if you compare us with other clubs in the division.

Whether they?re fans or not they must have a threshold of failure or blind faith. Time will tell

I?d say the training camp is pretty much essential nowadays- explain perhaps why it wouldn?t be?

#33 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 28 June 2024 - 07:17 AM

KevoBMMD, on 28 June 2024 - 06:59 AM, said:

Yes on the other Social Media Networks, Facebook, X and 1866 Sport & Youtube Shorts

Can be watched here:

https://youtu.be/501...cEdt7-e6SUNmP6i

#34 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 28 June 2024 - 07:38 AM

The Ashley?s 😂😂😂😂😂

#35 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 28 June 2024 - 07:46 AM

Search & Destroy, on 27 June 2024 - 09:44 PM, said:

We will be restricted by league rules as to how much we can spend based largely on last years income, so the Kirk?s won?t be able to throw money at it. We will have a bigger budget next year is my understanding. Obviously it?s bigger than last years but restricted by rules.
We will still have a top 10 budget but it will be well below the likes of MKD

#36 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 June 2024 - 08:03 AM

Goku, on 28 June 2024 - 07:17 AM, said:

Thanks- very good viewing. Wonder if the OP will take the time to watch?
I always, until I see a segment like this, forget which one is the brother with most of the money (Phil) and the one who spends all his time at the club (Ashley).
Best I can come up with is its Ph-oil and Ash as effective CEO - same name as a previous incumbent. But of course nothing like in any other way.
Anyone have a better prompt?

#37 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 June 2024 - 08:07 AM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on 28 June 2024 - 07:46 AM, said:

We will be restricted by league rules as to how much we can spend based largely on last years income, so the Kirk?s won?t be able to throw money at it. We will have a bigger budget next year is my understanding. Obviously it?s bigger than last years but restricted by rules.
We will still have a top 10 budget but it will be well below the likes of MKD

Last seasons income has to be used to justify budgets, but you can include likely increases in income streams- eg increased away support and of course Sky/PL distribution income.

#38 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 June 2024 - 08:16 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 28 June 2024 - 08:03 AM, said:

Thanks- very good viewing. Wonder if the OP will take the time to watch?
I always, until I see a segment like this, forget which one is the brother with most of the money (Phil) and the one who spends all his time at the club (Ashley).
Best I can come up with is its Ph-oil and Ash as effective CEO - same name as a previous incumbent. But of course nothing like in any other way.
Anyone have a better prompt?

I presume Phil lives down in Richmond looking at companies house records.

#39 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 June 2024 - 09:32 AM

Goku, on 28 June 2024 - 07:17 AM, said:

Good man.
East stand second class citizen.

#40 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2024 - 09:46 AM

View PostGoku, on 28 June 2024 - 07:17 AM, said:

Speak so well the Phills

Share this topic: