• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General Election It Is Then... Rate Topic: -----

#601 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 June 2024 - 07:52 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 19 June 2024 - 06:56 PM, said:

Enjoy (though tory voters might find it a little, well, 'uncomfortable')...

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=Rp1n7tzFCCE

And again...

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IBr2CojKYbg

Now time for 'Reform' folk to look away...

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=LwIa70EDZjE

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 19 June 2024 - 07:52 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#602 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2024 - 09:42 PM

Quiet day considering its an election campaign. Is it that inflation is down to 2%.. or is that the latest poll suggests the Tories will have 55 seats and Lib Dems 50 in the new parliament so Labour can do as they want, who cares what the definition of a working man is or what the long term prognosis is in regards to the long term prospects...

I watched ITV news at 10 and heard an economist sum it up perfectly - there is nothing in any manifesto to deal with the challenges we face... but hey, we can moan about that in 5 years, and blame how bad it was when the Labour govt took over (I also read an article this week that said that the next year will be good whatever SKS does as everything is in place with a delayed reaction..)
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#603 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 20 June 2024 - 02:17 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 19 June 2024 - 09:42 PM, said:

Quiet day considering its an election campaign. Is it that inflation is down to 2%.. or is that the latest poll suggests the Tories will have 55 seats and Lib Dems 50 in the new parliament so Labour can do as they want, who cares what the definition of a working man is or what the long term prognosis is in regards to the long term prospects...

I watched ITV news at 10 and heard an economist sum it up perfectly - there is nothing in any manifesto to deal with the challenges we face... but hey, we can moan about that in 5 years, and blame how bad it was when the Labour govt took over (I also read an article this week that said that the next year will be good whatever SKS does as everything is in place with a delayed reaction..)

Regardless of all that, the tories ran out of ideas and stopped governing a while ago.
A new hope.

#604 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 20 June 2024 - 04:11 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 19 June 2024 - 09:42 PM, said:

Quiet day considering its an election campaign. Is it that inflation is down to 2%.. or is that the latest poll suggests the Tories will have 55 seats and Lib Dems 50 in the new parliament so Labour can do as they want.

The Tories had an 80 seat majority and could do what they want. So your point is what exactly?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#605 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2024 - 07:58 AM

View Postfishini, on 20 June 2024 - 04:11 AM, said:

The Tories had an 80 seat majority and could do what they want. So your point is what exactly?

As I have said countless times, to get a good government, you need a good opposition. Lets hope the Lib Dems can offer it!

View PostWooden Spoon, on 20 June 2024 - 02:17 AM, said:

Regardless of all that, the tories ran out of ideas and stopped governing a while ago.

Absolutely true. Lets hope the Labour govt doesnt just copy the Blair govts ideas as that didnt end well for the country. Already signs of PFI coming back - one of the main issues for the NHS and other departments!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#606 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 21 June 2024 - 09:07 PM

Sad to see Labours Jonathon Ashworth being bullied by bigots on the campaign trail in Leicester. Mind you, you reap what you sow. Thankfully none of them had a knife.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 21 June 2024 - 09:12 PM

#607 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 06:21 AM

Mr Mercury, on 21 June 2024 - 09:07 PM, said:

Sad to see Labours Jonathon Ashworth being bullied by bigots on the campaign trail in Leicester. Mind you, you reap what you sow. Thankfully none of them had a knife.

So in some perverted sense you're blaming Ashworth.

But after repeatedly refusing to condemn the attempted Jan 6 terrorist coup or Farage's dismissals of it; after proving unable to differenciate between the "vile" BNP (your description) and a 'Reform' in so many ways parroting it; or after continuing to endorse the long list of 'phobes, 'ists and Nazi sympathisers that party and it's leader have enthusiatically embraced, perhaps this might, just maybe, move your moral dials: https://www.mirror.c...ovoked-33082895

Or is it once again the fault of a lefty, remoaner, establishment BBC for asking too many actual questions...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 22 June 2024 - 06:25 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#608 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 06:26 AM

Like I said it was sad to see Ashworth being harassed by bigots on the campaign trail, wasn?t it?
Oh and where have I repeatedly refused to condem the events of Jan 6th? Oh and I don’t agree with Farages comments, just for clarification.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 22 June 2024 - 06:38 AM

#609 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 08:39 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 22 June 2024 - 06:21 AM, said:

So in some perverted sense you're blaming Ashworth.

But after repeatedly refusing to condemn the attempted Jan 6 terrorist coup or Farage's dismissals of it; after proving unable to differenciate between the "vile" BNP (your description) and a 'Reform' in so many ways parroting it; or after continuing to endorse the long list of 'phobes, 'ists and Nazi sympathisers that party and it's leader have enthusiatically embraced, perhaps this might, just maybe, move your moral dials: https://www.mirror.c...ovoked-33082895

Or is it once again the fault of a lefty, remoaner, establishment BBC for asking too many actual questions...

Just noticed this quote?
Move my moral dials?.love the high horse attitude, trying to alter what you perceive to be somebody’s moral dial because they may disagree with you.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 22 June 2024 - 08:45 AM

#610 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 08:47 AM

Mr Mercury, on 22 June 2024 - 06:26 AM, said:

Like I said it was sad to see Ashworth being harassed by bigots on the campaign trail, wasn?t it?
Oh and where have I repeatedly refused to condem the events of Jan 6th? Oh and I don?t agree with Farages comments, just for clarification.

What do you think the right wing reaction would be to farages comments had they been made by Corbyn? Do you think farage has got off light?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#611 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 08:49 AM

Mr Mercury, on 22 June 2024 - 08:39 AM, said:

Just noticed this quote?
Move my moral dials?.love the high horse attitude, trying to alter what you perceive to be somebody?s moral dial because they may disagree with you.

You have ridden the high horse at times. Like I have said before we are all guilty at times of the things we level at others
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#612 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 08:56 AM

View Postfishini, on 22 June 2024 - 08:47 AM, said:

What do you think the right wing reaction would be to farages comments had they been made by Corbyn? Do you think farage has got off light?

George Robertson, ex Labour politician and former Gen Sec of NATO, says the expansion of the EU triggered Putin. What about him?
People are looking at the thought process of Putin, and how he harkes back to the Cold War days and sees Russia as a world Super power and empire controller. They’re saying saw the expansion of NATO and in GRs case, the EU as a threat and gave him the reason. But of course there’s now outrage at Farage for voting this opinion.

View Postfishini, on 22 June 2024 - 08:49 AM, said:

You have ridden the high horse at times. Like I have said before we are all guilty at times of the things we level at others

Maybe, but I use a small set of steps to climb mine, not a fire engine turntable ladder.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 22 June 2024 - 09:01 AM

#613 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 09:04 AM

Mr Mercury, on 22 June 2024 - 08:56 AM, said:

George Robertson, ex Labour politician and former Gen Sec of NATO, says the expansion of the EU triggered Putin. What about him?

Maybe, but I use a small set of steps to climb mine, not a fire engine turntable ladder.

Not heard about that but he should be thrown out of labour if he's a member. However he isn't in the public eye and trying to be elected
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#614 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 09:28 AM

fishini, on 22 June 2024 - 09:04 AM, said:

Not heard about that but he should be thrown out of labour if he's a member. However he isn't in the public eye and trying to be elected

So a worldly wise politician should be punished for explaining his view on why Putin invaded?

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 22 June 2024 - 09:36 AM

#615 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 09:32 AM

Mr Mercury, on 22 June 2024 - 09:28 AM, said:

So a worldly wise politician should be punished for exposing his view on why Putin invaded?

As a member of the public he can't be if he was standing for parliament or peaking under the banner of a party he should be punished by the said party
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#616 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 09:37 AM

fishini, on 22 June 2024 - 09:32 AM, said:

As a member of the public he can't be if he was standing for parliament or peaking under the banner of a party he should be punished by the said party

For what reason?

#617 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 09:40 AM

fishini, on 22 June 2024 - 08:47 AM, said:

You make a very pertinent point.

I remember Miliband's Royal Navy serving father being deemed treacherous by the 'Mail (yeah, shock - right?) simply for possessing left wing views.

Then there was the torrent of vilification levelled at Corbyn for his pacifism (though his performance post Salisbury really was woeful).

Yet the same characters parroting such stuff champion the Johnson who had secret meetings with an 'ex' KGB agent, put his son in the Lords and did everything possible to delay the report into Russian interference.

They champion the remembrance service dodging Trump who openly supported Putin whilst threatening to withdraw support for NATO and Ukraine.

And now there seems an apologism for the Farage who oversees Nazi sympathisers in his party and continues to make the comments in question regarding the killer in the Kremlin.

It's mindless and morally bankrupt cultism...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#618 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 10:06 AM

Apologism because he?s voiced his view on why Putin invaded?

#619 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 10:22 AM

Mr Mercury, on 22 June 2024 - 09:37 AM, said:

For what reason?

Because if he's acting under the party banner he's tarring the party just as anti Semitism did

This post has been edited by fishini: 22 June 2024 - 10:23 AM

DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#620 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2024 - 10:42 AM

fishini, on 22 June 2024 - 10:22 AM, said:

Because if he's acting under the party banner he's tarring the party just as anti Semitism did

Because he said expanding the EU was a trigger for Putins invasion?

Share this topic:

• (38 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users